Wait Upon The Lord

Monday, November 19, 2007
I woke up alone in our bedroom. I looked around... prayed... picked up my Bible and read it. I was reading passages from the book of Psalm and came across Psalm 27:13-14. It says, "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

For the past few days I've been feeling anxious and hungry for God's word. My heart cries to the Lord to give me direction and to help me see things the way He sees them. I prayed... and prayed... and prayed. And then this morning God lead me to Psalm 27.

God is clearly telling me to wait for Him. To wait upon His timing - not my time but His. But as a "doer", I always thought I ought to do something. That's not God's instruction. He said WAIT and that's crystal. That part, when I tend to go ahead of God, is the one reason which always, always gets me into trouble.

In relation to this I have tons of unanswered questions too like, "God, if You really love me like You say You do, then why haven't You delivered me from this situation when I know very well that You could? I've seen You done it with others but how come You just let me sit in this mess?"

Sounds familiar? I'm sure. But God said WAIT. I even remembered Him impressing in my spirit - TRUST ME.

This is a reminder to myself and I'm also speaking here to people reading this post who can relate to my experiences. Let us not waste our time trying to figure things out that only God knows. In time we will understand, but for now we don't have to know as long as we know the ONE who knows.

Wait.

Trust Him.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,
We are in the same boat but one thing I learned from walking with the Lord is to really trust in His unfailing love. He has His own reasons for not yet giving us what we desire, but God's timing is perfect. We live by faith not by sight. Our faith must never waver even in the most trying times. It is when our backs are against the wall, when we seemed to be abandoned even by our loved ones and friends, when we feel that we are already at the edge of a cliff ready to plunge into a dark ravine, will God deliver us in a grand and dramatic fashion only He can ever do. May I share Psalm 37:4 to you? "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Ponder it in your heart and you will have a different perspective of how God reacts to prayers. Thanks for the inspiring post. God bless and have a pleasant and blessed day.

Anonymous said...

thank you for this wonderful encouragement. i was just reading that verse this morning. i guess that confirms it. God wanted me to meditate on that verse too. mel, thank you.

God bless you too and have a blessed day.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean.

Recently, I also learned that the hardest part in the saying "Do your best and let God do the rest" is not always "doing my best" but "letting God do the rest." I too just can't easily let go of being in control even when I say that "I trust Him."

Thank God that our journey is from faith to faith & from glory to glory.

I speak GREAT GRACE upon your life, Pia. In Jesus name :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia,

We human beings can be impatient. But the Lord knows what is best for us. Trusting in Him is the way. What a lovely post. Thank you!

Blessings and Hugs,

Renie

Anonymous said...

toni: you are God-sent. thank you for those kind and encouraging words you're blessing me with. God bless you more and more, toni.

renie: you are so sweet. thank you for imparting words of wisdom. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Very real to always look to Him.
Blessings,
Lance
www.lancessoulsearching.com

Anonymous said...

In God we trust!!!
You're doing very great =)
Take care.

Anonymous said...

lance: thank you for hopping by my site. hope to see you again soon. God bless.

audrey: (((HUGS)))

Blog Widget by LinkWithin