Say No Evil

Monday, November 12, 2007
We're about to leave in a while for another meeting, but before I do, let me just share this with you real quick.

Last weekend, I got a call from my sister and she was fuming mad. Mom and dad were having problems at home. That same night, I also got a call from a long lost friend, Joyce, who shared with me some stories that really made me upset.


Joyce and I met nine years ago and became friends but we lost touch and saw each other again last Friday. She saw me at the lobby getting my mail. It so happened that she also lived on the same building. She moved in last month.

At my unit, Joyce and I talked about friends, life and about God. We did a lot of catching up. I've learned that she's in and out of depression because her fiancé passed away just recently. They've been together for 11 years. She was totally lost and you could tell right away. I got to share with her the Word of God and she agreed to go with me to church.

Now going back to what upset me, the following night, as I said earlier I got a call from my sister and from Joyce too. Joyce said that her obsessed suitor, who happened to be a friend of my boss, whom I met once a few months back said something ugly about me. It wasn't the words spoken that got me upset but the fact that I'm going through this same ordeal again! If people won't mock my faith, they will say ugly things about me. Was I surprised? No, I wasn't although I was amazed on how creative these people can be sometimes. They can really make up stories! The funny thing was this obsessed guy and his friends didn't know that Joyce and I knew each other.

I told two of my cell group mates about this and they have only this to say, "Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world... The enemy thought he won? Think again! If God is for you, who can be against you? Hold on to God, hold on to His promises. God knows everything that's happening. He will protect you." Then they prayed for me.

"
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

********************
There's still time, join us on our 2007 Christmas Ornament Exchange.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about what happened. I find such things hard to take.But as you said greater is the Spirit of Him who is in us than He that is in the world.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia,

I am sorry, too, that this has happened to you. But as the quote you quoted from John says, take heart, you can overcome this!

Blessings and prayers for you,

Renie

Anonymous said...

There a lot a fine line in life and some time there hard to define.

Anonymous said...

You're a good friend to Joyce, I'm praying for her here. btw I know what you mean about people saying ugly things about you, remember they said and did the same to Jesus when he was alive, I think He said "blessed are those who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness". They will do the same to His believers (us) as they did to Him.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of what my husband and I started to meditate early this week from Is. 54:17.

& I say Pia, "no weapon formed against you shall prosper & every word spoken against you, you shall condemn."

God is the lifter & the glory of your head. & So these people should watch out because as you press on to Him, God Himself will take care of them. You are a daughter of the Most High God :)

Anonymous said...

amrita: it's really hard but i know God will not leave me alone with all these wolves.

renie: i know i will because of God's grace. He promised to take care of me and i'm sure He will.

peppy: yeah...

amy: thanks, amy. God is just and i know He will redeem me. we just need to know who's backing us up and put our trust in Him.

Anonymous said...

amen! that is so true. thanks, toni, for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! God exposed them for their lies. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Just pray for these people, that God will bless them. Its hard to resent anyone that you pray for! Who knows maybe he will use this situation to call them to Himself.

Anonymous said...

sparrow: God is awesome! i mean, He really knows how to turn things around. He's just great!

jeff: that's the same suggestion i got last night from my friend only this time it's for a different person, although they all did the same thing somehow. i'll take that advice to heart. thanks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin