Pot Of Gold

Wednesday, November 7, 2007
I was craving for fettuccine last night while watching HBO. Good thing Jen just lived in the other building so she cooked for me and brought me some pasta. I really admire people who can concoct a meal from whatever they have in their cupboard. I always wonder how on earth do they do that?

An hour or so after feasting upon my pasta, Jen and I talked about her concerns in life. I was kinda surprised of myself when I started giving her advices. I mean, I can already sense some maturity in me which I knew never existed before. I shared with her a part of a preaching I've heard that morning. It was said that wherever we are now, even if we don't understand why we're going through whatever it is we're going through now is essential to where God wants to place us. We can be sure though that God only wants the best for us. If we want our pot of gold, then this is the route we ought to take. Along the way there would be lots of pruning. I remember the verse in Matthew 7:13-14 which says, "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." When the appointed time has come, we can be sure to be ready for the role God wants us to play in this life.

I know this is easier said than done but believe me, I know how hard this is because I'm also passing by the same road. One thing is for sure though I'm trusting a living God that can bring me to the next level.

Who do you trust?

********************
Please don't forget to join us on our 2007 Christmas Ornament Exchange.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to trust God! If I didn't I'd be lost!

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with you Pia. i had come to a point in my life late last year where i couldn't go any further until God did some things in me. some deep-rooted hurts needed to be healed, and it had to be done now. that's what i've been going thru, but i can see light now. before, i didn't quite understand what was going on, but i trusted God to guide me even in the darkness. i understand in order to go to the next level, this had to be done, and at least i know i'm on my way. God always knows what's best for us; we just have to trust Him even when we might not understand because eventually our understanding will become fruitful. good post Pia.

Anonymous said...

amy: me too. not just that. if i didn't trust Him, i would have gone crazy by now.

sylvia: that's the key words - TRUST HIM. can't wait to get my pot of gold.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin