Don't Let The Enemy Steal Your Joy

Monday, November 5, 2007
Do you have joy in your heart? You see, with all the things that's happening in my life right now, God gave me joy in my heart. I heard this small voice that said "trust me" while I was still in bed one morning and was crying my heart out to the Lord. The words that were spoken to my heart were so clear. I knew it was from the Lord. It gave me great comfort to know that He hasn't forgotten me yet.

I used to fear laughing out loud, you know, being really happy, because I believed then that if I laugh so hard or if I'm too happy, I'd be crying later on. And I don't want that. The enemy made me believe this lie for years. I've learned that it is God's will for me to be happy, to live a victorious life. God wanted me to enjoy my season. But of course, the enemy didn't want any of that. He wanted to make sure he steals my joy. You know, he almost did. Yesterday I was on the phone with my friend Paz. I was telling her how tired I was with life. I started questioning God's purpose for doing things the way He does. Then she said something like, "Don't let the enemy steal your joy. He wanted to suck up all the joy in your heart so you'd be miserable. Remember, God already gave you His word. He's making you question God. Stop that!" Then she prayed for me.

After hanging up, I knelt down on the side of our bed and repented. I still wasn't feeling right after praying but I told God that I will praise Him even if I didn't feel like it.
Early that morning, around 2:30, I woke up because I thought I heard the doorbell rang. I knew I heard it, but I didn't get up to open the door because I wasn't expecting anyone. I waited for it to ring a second time and then I'll get up. But there's none. After a while, I heard water flowing from our bathroom like somebody was taking a shower. I raised up my head a bit to make sure I was hearing what I thought I was hearing. I mean, look, it's 2:30 a.m., I can even hear my own heartbeat. I knew it was the enemy. Whether he did those things to scare me or he's playing with my senses, I don't know. What I knew was that greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world.

Do you have joy in your heart? Don't let the enemy steal your joy.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, myself have spent many sleepless nights listening to the enemy. Through constant prayer I have returned to the joy i once knew.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,

Oh, I often count my many blessings, and thank God for them daily. Being mindful of my blessings brings joy to my heart. Even when problems arise, I pray for help with them, and remember with His help, this too shall pass. He never lets me down.

Peace and Joy!

Renie

Anonymous said...

Pia, Don't give up in the middle of the battle..for its the Lord's. Keep on declaring His greatness. Keep on walking, Keep on running..Keep on finishing the race. Choose life everyday! luv yah girl!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you Pia. I think it will always be a constant battle, but it's one we can win day after day if we choose to win.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this reminder Pia. I had a bad day today and the enemy stole my joy many times to be honest.
But at the end of the day i can only kneel down at the cross and say Thnak You Jesus.

Strange things have happened to us too when the roaring lion breathed into our faces so to speak, but the angels shut his mouth.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pia

Yeah!
In God we trust =)

Take care.

Anonymous said...

jeff: i have also spent sleepless nights torturing myself with the thoughts from the enemy. i thought i'm gonna go crazy. but i've realized that they're not my thoughts but his trying to pass off as mine.

renie: i love that phrase... this too shall pass because it's true.

paz: what a surprise! thanks to you! you helped me get on my feet again. i know God is using you guys to help me in this journey. thanks again! luv yah too girl!

annette: yeah, it's a choice. and if we choose to be defeated then we will be defeated. i choose to be victorious.

amrita: he will always try to steal from us. but thank God he can only try and not succeed. he may think he's won but look again! we are victorious in Jesus!

audrey: amen!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pia. I just like in love for having read this a clear and clean blog.

Anonymous said...

i've been there and now i have good hearty laughs every day and sleep peacefully like a newborn baby every nite.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin