Thankful Thursday

Thursday, June 9, 2011


Iris chose a very good topic today --- God's ways.
“'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8-9
It's hard sometimes when we are faced with the unknown.  We tend to worry too much, doubt and question God.  

This was exactly my dilemma.  Going to China is in my wish list, but never in my dreams did I ever think of staying here for more than a month. I had questions in my head too --- How will I do my work?  How will I pay my bills?  What will happen to me when I get back home?   Etc...

But I thank the Lord that even if I can't see what's ahead, I'm assured that He's already gone ahead of me. He knows where I am now and where He's taking me in this journey.  It may not make any sense now, but His ways and thoughts are higher than mine. 
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
Today, I would also like to thank the doctors and nurses at Fuda Cancer Hospital for taking good care of my Dad. 

 L-R: Nurse Gina, Nancy, Wan, Dad, Penny and Jessica

L-R: Nurse Jessica, Stacey and Sunshine

 Dad with his favorite nurses --- Joy and Sheena

L-R: Dr. Chen, Dr. Long, Dad, Dr. Xing and Dr. Hu.

Giving God all the praises and glory!




What are you thankful for this week? 

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Iris over at Grace Alone.




11 comments:

Denise said...

Such a beautiful thankful post, love you.

jhunnelle said...

praying for your dad, may His unfailing love embraces you right now, Fuda Hospital is in Guangzhou, right?

Debra Kaye said...

Pia, I'm glad your dad is smiling! I'm glad he's on the upswing of this journey!

God bless you both!

Stefanie Brown said...

Great news!
Thank you for sharing!

Jocelyn said...

The unknown is always scary, but knowing that there is a God who has only GOOD intentions for you makes it all worth it! :) great post!

Joan Hall said...

It looks as if your dad is in the care of a great team. And we know he is in the care of the Great Physician.

Blessings to you, Pia, and it's good to see you posting on Thankful Thursday.

Sara G said...

Thank you Pia in sharing your journey with us. I'm so happy that your dad is smiling and pray for a safe trip.
Many hugs!

Trish said...

Looks like your dad is in good hands there - so many smiling faces!

Karen said...

Thank you for this encouraging post...prayers are still going up for you and your dad....

Pia said...

thank y'all for your prayers. glad we made it back home. although our journey isn't over yet, i know it will be easier because you'll be with me in prayer.

junelle: yes, fuda is in guangzhou, china.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

God was in command all the time. You may have been confused and troubled at times but God demonstrated His love for you and your father by meeting all your needs. The people in the hospital, especially the doctors and nurses, were all so kind and attentive to your father. Praise the Lord for that. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin