Day 27: Dad’s Second Chemo Session

Friday, June 3, 2011
Today is Dad’s second Nano chemo session. Everything went well. Thank God! He didn’t lose his appetite. In fact, he ate quite a lot today. His infusions started today and will go on until Monday. He will then be observed for any reaction his body might have, like allergies and if there are none, then we’re both set to go home on June 10. Woohoo!!!

Anyhow, I weighed myself this afternoon and my gosh! My eyes almost popped out of their sockets. I gained a total of 10 pounds since I got here. Ha!

Here are some of the food I’ve been munching on since this morning:

Plums
Black seedless grapes
Tea leaf eggs

Oh yeah, Dad and I are drinking infusions made from these bitter herbs.

The one on the right is Dad's; the one on the left is mine.


Our bill yesterday and today: ¥382.70 and 323.18, respectively ($108.93 total)
Total bill as of today: ¥121,525.09 ($18,644.88)




3 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I pray you do get to go home June 10! That would be great. I'm sure you are both longing to be back home.

Slamdunk said...

I am glad to hear that your dad's treatments are going well, and that you both are strong.

Alleluiabelle said...

Love you sweet Pia...

Still praying so much for your dear dad. I, too, hope that all goes as planned and you both are able to come home on the scheduled date.

Take care sweet woman of God.

{{{Big Hugs}}}
Alleluiabelle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin