Day 25: Chet's here!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Chet flew in from Singapore this morning. He'll be with us 'til Sunday.  We had lunch at the hospital with Dad.
In the lobby with Dad while waiting for a cab
My brother, Chet, and Dad
Me and Dad
Dad needed some fresh air, so we took Dad out for dinner. We went to Lihua Congee House located at 903 Renmin Beilu, Yuexiu District (inside Liuhua Park), Guangzhou.

Lihua Congee House
Inside the restaurant
The place served fresh fish. They kept the fish in a small fishpond. Customers choose the fish they'd like to have for dinner and the resto's waiters will take it out of the fishpond and cook it for them.

The fishpond
We ordered vegies with tofu and mushrooms, beef with tofu and congee. The congee was really good! We even took some out for dad's breakfast tomorrow.

Vegies with tofu and mushrooms
Beef with tofu (I know... the photo's not too appealing)
Anyway, I bought speakers for my laptop so Dad can watch movies tomorrow. He wanted to watch "Seven Hills of Rome" featuring Mario Lanza, his favorite actor. I, on the other hand, would love to listen to my music with something other than my earphones.  Remember what happened last Sunday? 

Tomorrow, Dad will have some blood tests to prepare for his chemo on Friday.


Our bill today: ¥936.52 ($144.52)
Total bill as of today: ¥120,819.21 ($18,535.95)


6 comments:

Karen said...

Although I haven't commented much , I have been following you and your dad's story...so glad your brother was able to come...will continue praying for all of you....

cet2710 said...

it's good to know kuya bobby and you finally ate some yummy foods. ti read your blog everyday. regards to kuya bobby and chet. stay safe always. God bless

Mommy Liz said...

I hope that the chemo works for your dad. Although I don't know the story of his medical issues but I pray that he gets well soon. Take care Pia, thanks for the visit.

Mommy Liz

http://wrozlie.com

Amrita said...

So glad your brother has joined you.

China is such a beautiful country - so clean and disciplined. I am really impressed

Pia said...

thank y'all for praying.

amrita: clean? you should come here and see for yourself. hehe... not all places here are clean. =D

Beth in NC said...

I'm glad you weren't alone and your brother could go with you.

I just can't bring myself to try tofu. :-O

God bless your Daddy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin