Day 32: One Day to Go

Wednesday, June 8, 2011
I've packed our stuff already and we're more than half way done.  I'm really excited to go home.

This afternoon, Aunt Alice (from room 617) went with me to Vangard Mall to buy lotion or cream for my uber-dry skin. I couldn't find the lotion I was looking for --- Nivea Body Smooth Sensation for Dry Skin so I asked a sales lady to help me out.  Well, as usual, she couldn't understand me.  I thought, "Oh boy, here we go again."

I ended up buying these:

Baby Olive Oil???

Oh well, as long as it helps smoothen my scaly skin and...

I didn't know what this was.  

The lady there who spoke broken English said it's for the red marks/spots I got.  Well, she sounded like she knew what my red spots were (they're rashes by the way), so okay, I got one bottle.  Later on I learned it's for mosquito bites.  Sheesh...

Before heading back to Fuda, I saw these gigantic green chili peppers.  From where I came from these chili peppers are thin and small.


Anyway,  Dad ate a lot today, but was feeling a bit woozy.  He was definitely in a pretty good mood.  Hmm... Maybe he's just as excited as I am on going home.



Our bill  today: ¥722.91 ($111.22)
Total bill as of today: ¥155,966.01 ($23,995.37)


5 comments:

Denise said...

prayers continue.

Cathy said...

Praying for you and your family, Dear ~

Amrita said...

Good to read this report

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Do the people in China not understand your Chinese? I know you're Chinese and I'm sure you grew up speaking Chinese in your home. Are they different from the Chinese people in China speak? Maybe you can communicate with them in Chinese characters. Great that you will be coming home very soon and your father has been better already. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Pia said...

we speak a different chinese. they speak mandarin or cantonese there. Dad and i speak fookien. unfortunately, i couldn't write chinese characters as well.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin