Thankful Thursday

Thursday, August 27, 2009

This week's theme is RESCUE. Exactly what I was asking God for.

I thank the Lord that He is still the the business of rescuing. My heart rejoices for this wonderful confirmation.

Most of the time we don't understand His ways and most especially His timing. But because we have faith in Him, we can be sure that we are in good hands. God knows what He's doing. I have been asking the Lord to rescue my beloved from the grip of the enemy. I believe in my heart that He is already at work even if I don't see anything yet in the natural. I'm praising God that He loves us so much to rescue us from whatever it is that's not from Him.
"Sing to the LORD! Give praise to the LORD! He rescues the life of the needy from the hands of the wicked." Jeremiah 20:13
I'm also thankful for:
  • My good health.
  • My mom. She's doing a lot better now. Spoke to her a few minutes ago. She said she's going to get the result of her MRI later this afternoon. With the way she sounded, everything seems fine.
  • God's provision.
  • Friends and prayer partners.
  • Answered prayers.
Lord, I'm giving you all the glory and honor!


What are you thankful for this week?

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Iris over at Grace Alone.


15 comments:

Denise said...

Hello my dear friend, so glad that your mom is doing better. I love you.

Rocks said...

God sees your faith and He honors it. Your beloved will be rescued no doubt about that sis!

God bless you!

Grammy said...

Hi Pia, My prayers are with you and your mom. I am glad she is feeling netter too. Thanks for stopping by I have missed you too.

i said...

Hi Pia, glad to hear your mom is doing better. Will be keeping your mom in my prayers.

Angela said...

What an awesome thankful thursday..amen..RESCUED...SIGH...

amen amen amen

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Praying and thanking God with you my friend. May God continue to work in the heart of your husband and rescue him from the enemy!

na said...

Yeah!

Amrita said...

Prayers for your Mom. Hope she gets a clear report.

My Mom is doing much better by God' s grace

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Pia, I join you in praying for your beloved. I know how hurtful it can feel and yet, the Lord hears our prayers and is at work in ways we may not know. Greater is He who is in us, than he that is in the world.

Karen said...

I share your prayer of rescue for my beloved also...good thankful list....

Unknown said...

Pia,

I believe in my heart that He is already at work even if I don't see anything yet in the natural.

You are absolutely right. Trust God in this. I promise you, He is in this if you are praying faithfully. I can't wait to see what He does in your lives. Hugs.

Pia said...

denise: i am praying for you dear denise. (((HUGS))) you are in my thoughts lately.

rocks: amen! thank you for that encouragement.

grammy: thanks for praying. God heard us. my mom is doing so much better.

LS: thank you. that means a lot.

Angie: praying for you, my friend. hang in there.

alicia: thank you so much. i am so encouraged. i claim that in Jesus' name.

christy: thanks for the visit. hope to see you again soon. God bless!

amrita: thank you for praying. so glad your mom is doing so much better too.

debbie: you know how much your prayer mean to me. thank you for standing with me in prayer and agreeement for my husband. and yes, greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world.

karen: God knows and He will rescue our beloved. let's stay in faith.

lynn: i claim it. i recive it in Jesus' name. thank you lynn.

Anonymous said...

Pia, God truly does rescue as we each know from our personal rescues! I am praying with you for the rescue of your 'beloved'. God is working. His time is rarely our time.

Psalm 35:17-18:
How long, O Lord, will you look on?
Rescue me from their destruction,
my precious life from the lions!
I will thank you in the great congregation;
in the mighty throng I will praise you.

How long, O LORD? How often did David ask that short question?
We praise Him this day. He never sleeps.

I love you, Pia, ~ linda

Rita T. said...

Glad your mom is doing better! Have a great weekend, Pia.

Jerralea said...

Your prayer for your beloved that he be rescued from the grip of evil is a prayer that we know is the will of God - He doesn't want anyone to be in evil's clutches. When we pray in His will, we know we have what we pray for! It's just a matter of timing ...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin