Sentimental Fool

Monday, August 1, 2005
I would like to thank Corry, Cindy-lou, Darlyn, Jovel, Melo, Allan and my cell group members for all their prayers. It means a lot to us. Thank you!

It has been four days since my DH left but it feels more like it has been four years. After going back to our house last weekend, I felt so alone, though I'm with a helper. Some of the things he left behind are still neatly tucked in its original place. Like his toothbrush, it's still in the toothbrush holder together with mine. I didn't pull it out because it makes me feel like he's just around. His shampoo is still in our shower rack. I opened his closet and hugged all his shirts as if I was hugging him. I didn't change bed sheets and I slept on his side of the bed. Call me a sentimental fool, but I'll do everything possible to stay close to him. After five long distance calls from him in four days, I feel like it's still not enough. I guess I just miss him that much... so much.

Now going to the mall, the grocery, to my doctor, to the salon, eating out and a whole lot of other stuff we used to do together wouldn't be the same again. Albeit I understand why this has to be the way it is for now, it's that hard because we haven't been away from each other since we got married.

Everytime he calls, he assures me of his love and tells me to take good care of myself while he's away. And I tell him the same thing. I wish I could say that missing him gets easier everyday because even though I'm one day further from the last time I saw him, I'm one day closer to the next time I will. It's just that right now, I haven't came to that point yet.

Thank you for taking time to read my sentiments. Prayers for me and my husband will be greatly appreciated. God bless you all.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful site!

How long will DH be gone. I just found your blog and am not up to speed.

Stay strong in the Lord. We'll pray for you. In His Name, Joe

Anonymous said...

I'll keep praying:-)

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Pia, I'll pray for you both every chance I get! I'm sentimental like that, too ;) I think it's so great to be that way.... to be so in love with the ones that God gave to us, I know that blesses His heart! I'm supposed to go to Russia next summer on a mission trip for 10 days (not nearly as long as your DH will be gone) and I can't even imagine being away from my DH for that long! Like you and your hubby, we've never been apart like that...we were apart for a few days about a month ago when he had the flu and I couldn't take off from work so he was staying with his parents... and even though I talked with him on the phone at least 3 times a day, it just wasn't enough! That was only for about 3 days, too!
It's cool to have found another hopeless romantic ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin