Life's Lesson

Wednesday, August 3, 2005
I have to keep myself occupied to put my thoughts and emotions at rest, even for just a while. To start off, I was offered a consultancy job for a newly established phonecard company that caters to PhilAms. That would be a great way to keep me busy aside from doing my regular job. And of course, I blog hop as often as I can and post new entries too.

I found this interesting article
Corry wrote on the comment page of Mary Rose's "No More Mr. Nice Guy" entry. It's about one brilliant way the mother showed her daughter the kind of person she can choose to become as she is faced with life's unending trials. Three pots. Carrots, Eggs and Coffee beans. All three were put to boil. Each reacted differently.

When adversity knocks on our door, how do we respond?

Are we like the carrots that seem strong, but with pain and adversity, do we wilt and become soft and lose our strength?

Or are we like the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did we have a fluid spirit, but after a trial, have we become hardened and stiff? Does our shell look the same, but on the inside are we bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and a hardened heart?

Or are we like the coffee bean that actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If we are like the bean, when things are at their worst, we get better and change the situation around us.

This article made me do a lot of thinking. Something to ponder and learn from.

And finally, the most noteworthy of all was the fact that the happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; that you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

How do we handle adversity? Are we like the carrots, the eggs or the coffee beans?

Don't tell GOD how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big your GOD is.

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:8-9



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly when I read this article. Great food for thought:-)

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

From time to time it helps to take a good look at oneself and ask which type we are, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

What an awesome post, Pia! I needed that one!

Anonymous said...

Too true Pia, this post make me want to shout YES! Too many people hang on to the hurts and ill feelings of yesterdays and they can not move on to the joys of tomorrow.
I have seen this exerpt before, and it always reminds me to be true to my surroundings and myself. Am I really being the woman God made me if I am an egg?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin