Perfect Timing

Tuesday, August 16, 2005
As I went through some of my stuff I left in my mom's house after getting married, I saw an old Bible which a friend of mine gave me nine years ago. I flipped through its pages and saw a piece of paper with notes written on it, with my hand writing. I couldn't remember why I wrote and where I got it from, but I find it most useful now more than ever. Here goes:
  • In this natural world, there will always be things happening that will try to shake your faith. You've got to make up your mind that you really believe God is able. Then trust Him.
  • You must trust God completely and stop trying to figure out what you will do if God doesn't come through for you because that will never happen. There is nothing too hard or impossible for God.
  • No matter what the obstacle is, God is able!
  • You have to begin to act as though God's promises are already yours. All that the Father has is yours! So if that's true, then act like it's true.
  • You see, it's up to you. You have a part to play in receiving God's blessings. Receiving everything God has for you is not up to God because God has already provided you with every blessing and benefit you would ever need in life.
  • God doesn't fail. People sometimes just give up too soon and quit. If you don't quit on God, God won't quit on you.
Truly, God is there when you need Him the most. He makes His presence known in ways we don't expect Him to. Talk about perfect timing.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful and SO true!

Trust Him, trust HIM, TRUST Him.

Thanks for a great post.

Anonymous said...

He is able! We just have to give ourselves up to Him!
I will get your link on my site soon, I have just not been on doing that kind of stuff lately. Thanks for linking to mine, I would love that. An honour.

Anonymous said...

It has happened many times that I would open the Bible at any page and it turned out to be exactly what I needed at that moment. He knows:-)

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Pia, great thoughts. I was especially encouraged by, "you must trust God completely and stop trying to figure out what you will do if God doesn't come through for you because that will never happen." I'm afraid I expend a lot of energy doing just that! Thank you for reminding me that I don't have to! Blessings, Becky

Anonymous said...

P.S.
I noticed in your 'captured memories' by the shirts the men are wearing that you (or maybe just your husband) are Filipino. My husband is Filipino. Although I am not, I really love the culture! Small world!

Anonymous said...

I like the part about not quitting on God. That's a good one.

Anonymous said...

hi pia, it seems you already figured out how to make a wonderful blog :)

anyways, i remember when my wife and i attended the service once and one of the sermon was that "let GOD take control of your life" don't do things all by yourself without HIM. it made me ask myself, do i let GOD take control of me or i just let HIM if i wanted to.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin