Goodbyes Are Not Always Forever

Friday, July 29, 2005
I have never felt so empty as I've felt when my DH left for the States last Wednesday. I thought I could handle it well. Though I was already feeling sad while I was helping him pack, tears didn't fall until the last night we were together. I could hardly breathe from sobbing. The following night, as our friend and I went with him to the airport, I felt like I was floating on air. Everything around me seem to move in slow motion. I thought to myself that this could just be a dream, that this wasn't real. He checked in his luggages and went back out to be with us. We hang around a bit. Then it's time for him to go. We were both crying. We hugged each other so tight. We said goodbyes so many times but we couldn't let go of each other. Then he went in for boarding. There I stood looking at him, he waved at me for the last time and then he's gone.

Memories of us together flashed back. The simple joy we've shared, the trials we've surpassed... He used to tell me how much he loves me, that nothing comes close to how much he feels for me, that he adores me and cares for me more than he cares for anyone else. And I assured him that I feel the same way too.

Now, we're miles apart.

I remember how God told me that he's the one I'm going to marry. I couldn't believe it at first. But God confirmed it to me several times. When we were already planning our wedding, God spoke to me again about it. I knew deep in my heart that Jec is God's perfect choice for me.

Babe, I want you to always remember that I love you very much. God gave us each other as lifetime partners. Nothing, not even distance and no one could ever separate us. I pray to God that He will always keep you safe and healthy. I'm looking forward to being with you again soon. God bless you...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray your seperation will be over soon. In the mean time, if you need a friend to talk to, I am always there for you:-)

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Pia,
I'm linking you to my blog ;)
I'm praying for you with your hubby gone.... I know how hard that has to be! How long will he be gone? Hopefully he'll be back in time for your anniversary in December! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog so I could meet you! God is wonderful, isn't He?!?
You know, I had that same confirmation from God about my husband... we were engaged three weeks after we "officiall" met... his sister and I have known each other for about 10 years and she had been trying to "fix us up" for about 6 years before we actually met. Married 4 months after we met ;) Talk to you later!
Have a wonderfully blessed day, and I'm here if you need to chat!
Cindy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin