Let Go And Let God

Thursday, July 21, 2005
"Therefore humble yourselves...casting the whole of your care on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully." 1 Peter 5:6,7

How often do we fall into the trap of fear and worry? I could have been an amenable victim until now and I could have long suffered a breakdown if not because of God's promises. I used to be a control freak. I panic when things don't go my way. I worry a lot! My friends used to say that sometimes I come in too strong. Maybe because I know I'm in control. A lot of times I distress myself worrying about things to come. In the midst of all these, God taught me to trust in Him and to cast all my cares on Him. It wasn't at all an easy move to make but it was definitely worth trying. When we put our trust in Him, we have to learn to let go and let God. He promised to take care of us. And "He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

Worrying will not achieve anything. But giving it all to God will. There are just some things that we cannot get our hands on and we must simply let God do the work for us. For a control freak like I used to, trust is nonexistent. Stress was my twin.

God gave us the way, it's up to us which road to take. Choose the easier path. Let go and let God.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh, I know so well what you are talking about. I have (and still do sometimes) the same tendency. It would be easy to give it all to God, but we also have to do our part, that is our responsibility. We should not overlook that. God can do anything, but we have to be willing too, to do what we need to do.

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Pia,
Thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is great!!! Trust me, I can relate to the worry issue!
Beautiful wedding pictures... how long have you been married? My husband and I will celebrate our 2 year anniversary in August, exactly a month from tomorrow.
In Him,
Cindy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin