Confined Again... Con't.

Sunday, October 7, 2012
Wednesday (October 3, 2012)
  • Worst day of my confinement.
  • WBC and platelet counts went up a little. This is the first good news since I was confined.
  • RBC and hemoglobin levels are still going down, but not as fast. 
  • Fingers on my right hand were beginning to feel stiff. I couldn't bend them anymore. Requested that the IV be transferred to my other hand. Also, since finding a suitable vein to extract blood from in my left arm is getting more difficult each day, the transfer would mean they would have to extract blood from my right arm. My left arm's veins can rest.
  • Although dengue has not yet been ruled out, it is still one of the possible causes. 
  • They brought in a nephrologist to assess my kidneys since my creatinine levels were high. 
  • Blood transfusion may be needed if my RBC continues to drop. My rheumatologist put on hold any plans of blood transfusion because she needed to make sure my WBC and platelets are within controllable levels. 

Thursday (October 4, 2012)

  • No blood samples were taken today. My arm could use the rest from all the pricking. 
  • Started experiencing pain in my lower lumbar region. It's there whenever I am lying down or sitting. When I walk it disappears. So, I did some exercise: I walked up and down the aisle around 5 times. That helped. 
  • My nephrologist visited me today. He said that my electrolyte test turned out okay. Praise God! He told me that they might have to do a biopsy if my creatinine levels do not go back to normal levels. Just hearing him describe the process makes me cringe. I don't like needles, especially large ones! 
  • My cough is getting worse. The doctor gave me some medicine to get rid of it. Towards the evening, my coughing began to subside.
  • Before going to sleep, I had a migraine attack. The resident doctor gave me paracetamol, but it felt like forever before it took effect. I forced myself to throw up, thinking that I must have eaten something that didn't site well. Some coloured fluid came out. Could have been the paracetamol tablet, since the liquid was orange in colour. After around 10 minutes, I was fine.  I finally fell asleep.
I still tried to smile in spite of the pain I was feeling. 

Friday (October 5, 2012)
  • Woke up with a terrible, head-splitting headache. Do you know how it feels like when your sleep is interrupted because people go in and out of your room to check on your vital signs? I know that the nurses had to do it, but once my sleep is interrupted, I find it difficult to go back to sleep. I think this is why I had a migraine. I took some paracetamol again. I was able to sleep for around 3 hours. I woke up hungry, but feeling a lot better. 
  • I miss my own bed. I told myself that I want to go home tomorrow, Saturday. I prayed to God that He will make all my test results show the doctors that I am fit to be discharged tomorrow.
  • Good news: one of my attending physicians told me that my WBC is now normal.  Praise God!
  • Mom spent the night at the hospital to take care of me. 
  • Visited by friends and church mates
  • Removed the IV. It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. Now I can move freely again! 
  • IV steroids to oral steroids.
  • Had another migraine attack. Mom tried to ease the pain by stroking my head. It helped a bit.  I had to throw up and get rid of a piece of kangkong. After throwing up, I felt a better. 

I prayed to God for healing and miracles to happen. Honestly, I was so scared.  I praised and worshipped God and told Him that my life is in His hand.  I was in so much pain.  I told God that if He's going to take me now, I'm ready.  I just don't want to see my family suffer because of me.  I know they're hurting too especially Mom. I could see how worried she is.  But praise God!  I got miracle after miracle in the hospital.  The doctors expected the worse, but God delivered me.  

I may have been tested positive for SLE, but I know my God is in control.  I know that healing is mine and I will continue to claim that until the day He calls me home.  Please continue to stand with me in prayer for my healing.  Thank you so much.

Saturday (October 6, 2012)
  • Got discharged from the hospital. Hospital bill was paid by my health card.  I shelled out minimal amount only for the excess.  Praise God!



5 comments:

Denise said...

Praising God with you, and for you. I am so very glad that you are home. So sorry you had to deal with all of this. God is so awesome for answering our prayers. Please take care sweet friend. I love you so much.

Bluebirdy said...

Oh dear Pia, I am SO sorry to hear of all this. It's a blessing that your lupus has not made you sick all these years. That's a blessing and a miracle. So strange how it suddenly popped up like that! Next time you get an IV and your hand swells and hurts, it means your vein has collapsed, so all the IV fluid is just going into your arm. You need to tell the nurse immediately or you won't get any of the IV into your veins. I will pray for your continued improvement. It's so interesting to read your post and to see how differesnt our medical systems are. I pray the lupus will go back into hiding and never give you anymore trouble. I pray he will sve you from getting to my level of needing oxygen and the strongest pain meds. Yes it can feel like you're dying. But we keep waking up the next day until we have completed our purpose in the Lord. TY for letting me know what's been happening. I read both confinement blogs and the one about your rash in June. Going to read more posts now.
Love and prayers Pia,
Sheila

Joyful said...

Pia, I'm praising god with you for his answers to pray. God bless you dear and please keep us updated so we can continue to pray for you. Hugs.xx

blogger said...

praise God for His miracles! will be including you in our prayers Ms. Pia.Stay healthy and strong! xo

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Pia

I just read all these things that is happening to you.

I hope you will get better soon.

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Blog Widget by LinkWithin