Paying it Forward

Friday, May 20, 2011
When we were new here at Fuda, we were not just lost in translation. We were actually unaware of how things were done here. We didn’t know where to buy the essentials. Good thing we were assisted by fellow Filipinos who have been going back and forth here at Fuda for the treatment of their loved ones. They were very friendly and very helpful, too. Things would have probably been much harder had I not met them. God is so good because He put me and Dad on the same floor where most Filipinos are.

There’s this one lady from Los Angeles, California, also a Filipina, who came here for breast cancer treatment. Her name is Raquel. She came here all by herself. It was her first time here, just like me and Dad. When Dad gets his infusions, he feels very weak. He could hardly eat. Can you just imagine how hard it is for Raquel when she gets her infusions and she has no one to help her?

Raquel in her room
Yesterday afternoon, I knocked on her door and saw her on bed, very weak. She hadn’t eaten yet. She couldn’t even get up. I felt so sorry for her. I told myself, I had to help her. I fixed her a glass of Ensure milk so she can regain enough strength to get her through to her next infusion. She said I was like an angel sent to her by God.

I told her that when we were new here, God sent help to us. Now it’s time to pay it forward. It felt great to be able to help someone. It feels more rewarding to give than to receive.

Giving God all the glory...


Our bill yesterday and today is: ¥333.80 and ¥334.80 respectively. ($ 102.39 total)
Total bill as of today: ¥114,394.77 ($17,549.23)


2 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What a beautiful demonstration of Jesus' love to her. I've been reading about your journey and praying for you and your dad, even though I haven't been commenting.

Denise said...

You are beyond precious, love you so much.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin