Day 18: One More CIC to Go

Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Loren, Gian and I had dinner last night at Ruikee Hainanese Chicken Rice at Beijing Lu.

I wasn't too happy with the food though... 

Me and Loren

Gian and her grandmother, Pilar Marquez, left Fuda around 7 p.m. this evening for their flight back to Manila. They'll be back on June 13 for another chemo session.

Gian with her Lola Pilar

Dad's condition improved.  He ate a lot today.  Tomorrow is his last day of CIC infusion. Then, we'll just wait for his next Nano Chemo which was scheduled for June 4.  In the meantime, the doctors are focused on treating Dad's allergies. The rashes are still there, but they are not as itchy as they were a few days ago. So far, so good. 

Anyway, some nurses here don't have English names. We remember their faces, but we always forget their names.  So what Dad and I did was give them English names.  We assigned the name Nancy to one and Gina to another.  They both liked their new English names. =)

After doing the laundy, Loren and I went out to buy food for her Dad. Loren was kind enough to include my Dad and I in her shopping list for today. Thanks!

Tonight, while Dad rested and watched TV, I chatted with my friends who sought my advice. I'm very grateful that YM still works. Hehe!



Our bill yesterday and today: ¥1,329.90 and ¥400.30, respectively. ($ 264.96 total)
Total bill as of today: ¥117,344.85 ($18,001.00)



3 comments:

France Go said...

Good to hear dad's appetite's back. Your Hianese chix looks yummy!

Amrita said...

Hi Pia I 've been reading up your daily reports and yesterday I wrote up a long comment which blogger refused to published.

Glad your Dad is doing better.

Pia said...

france: not really. it was so-so.

amrita: blogger's been acting up a lot lately. i'm just glad though that i am able to access blogger from china once in a while when the proxy works.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin