Lost in Guangzhou 2

Friday, May 27, 2011
Yesterday was Dad's last day of CIC infusion.  Thank God!  Dad said his muscles felt weaker now than before, but according to another cancer patient, that's normal because that's one of the side effects of chemotherapy.  Dad's right eye, though, was back to its normal size.  It used to be smaller; droopy to be exact.  I read from an article that having droopy eyes is one of the symptoms of lung cancer.

Anyway, Loren and I had another adventure yesterday.  We went to Nanyang Tumour Hospital at Baiyun District to inquire about their services and compare them with that of Fuda.  We took the subway from Kecun to Baiyun Dadao Bei.  After we got off the subway and while waiting for a cab, we looked around and were astonished how magnificent the view was.  It was beautiful!  

When we reached the hospital, nature was calling, so I hurriedly looked for a rest room. I found one and when I stepped in, my jaw dropped. What the...???!!! I thought these things only existed in the ancient days.

No way!

Later on we went to the White Cloud Mountain Scenic Spot (Baiyun Mountain Scenic Spot).  It is famous for its veil-like clouds rising during the late spring and autumn, but didn't see any because it's summer. Ha! We rode the cable car to go to the other side.  The lower station is set up east of Yuntai Garden and the upper station at the Peak Park, a difference of 198 m (650 ft) in altitude and a horizontal distance of 1,672 m (5,486 ft) from each other (Thank you, Wikipedia).

My view from inside the cable car


On our way back to Fuda, we were asking which bus we should take to the subway station.  The people in line couldn't understand us... again!  Worst was they spoke in Cantonese.  If I can't even form a single decent sentence in Mandarin, how can they expect me to speak Cantonese?   I took out a sheet of paper and drew a train. I thought that by pointing to this and sayng "subway", they would understand what we were trying to tell them, but, no... Oh boy!  To cut a long story short we got lost again!  This is getting to be a very nasty habit.

Wait a minute... It looks like a....What the heck did I draw here? Haha!

I was so tired when we got back to Fuda.  Whew!


Anyhow, before calling it a day, I got to chat with Michelle, my blogging buddy, and she informed me that her mother-in-law is also confined at Fuda.  I dropped by to say "hi!" =)

Auntie Evelyn and Auntie Susan Ong Martinez from Rm 706

Over all it was a good day.  Thank you, Lord! 


Our bill yesterday and today: ¥355.30 and ¥407.64, respectively. ($117.56 total)
Total bill as of today: ¥118,107.79 ($18,118.56 )





5 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Ha, Pia I thought the train drawing looked great!

Girl!!! That type of bathroom would freak me out! How do people squat over that?!?!?! I can't imagine!!! Oh my!

Pia said...

hi beth. the proxy i'm using worked again. woohoo!

i knew china had these things, but i didn't expect to still see them today. i didn't obey nature's call... haha!

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Pia thanks for visiting my MIL and SIL. I first saw these kinds of urinals in Shanghai and then all over Beijing hehe In Taiwan most old restauerants/ shopping malls have this kind of urinal too

PS
Thanks for the tip re the comment section. I have my comment section back ; )
xoxo
MrsM

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Visiting this page makes me miss my MIL
xoxo
MrsMartinez

Pia said...

i know... i get you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin