Thankful Thursday

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lately, I'm having a hard time trying to think about what I can thank God for.  My mind is clouded with so many concerns.  But I'd like to do this meme every week because this gives me an opportunity to squeeze my brains out for anything that God has done for me that I might have just overlooked. Do you ever experience this?

Anyway, my group from Sun Life insurance had our team building last Saturday.  We didn't go out of town because of our individual schedule, so we just settled on having it here in Metro Manila.  Surprisingly, it turned out fun and exciting!  First, we played mind games at the office then we did a mall photo scavenger hunt.  I didn't go to the gym that week, but I felt like I had a good work out after the game.  It was an advantage that a team mate and I knew the mall quite well and we knew where to find things.  

Our group won!  Woohoo!  We garnered the most points.  And our prize...  Dinner at Elbert's Steak Room!  Yum!  Thank you, Lord, for the fun and for winning.  ☺

My team,  Wicked (Green), having late lunch at Friday's.  Why on Earth was I slouching???  Haha!


What are you thankful for this week?

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Lynn over at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.


12 comments:

Denise said...

I love you my friend, praying for you.

Jocelyn said...

I'm with you on the whole concerns thing - a lot has been on my mind lately as well. I'm also grateful for memes like Thankful Thursday =)

I have a verse for you: Isaiah 26:3.

Congrats on the win, and I hope you have a bright and blessed Thursday. =)

I love your Blog header =D. Have a blessed Thursday!

Karen said...

Congratulations! Bless you.

Angela said...

an opportunity to squeeze my brains out for anything that God has done for me that I might have just overlooked. and do I ever experience this? YES.....so I'm glad for the squeezing part at times girl!

Debbie said...

Pia, I think we all at times have a hard time with looking for the blessings. Life is hard for soo many right now. And yet the good part? The blessings are always there IF you want to find them. And like you once I decide to look I am amazed at the things I find. Have a wonderful week. BLESSINGS AND HUGS

Michele said...

I also agree, sometimes I think we focus on the big things to be thankful for but what God has been showing me is what about the small things, the things we dont even think about as being thankful for. Sometimes we just need to sit back clothes are eyes take a deep breath and open ur eyes again, what do you see around you that you can thankful for, so I been looking at the little things he has been showing me :)

God Bless
Michele

Rocks said...

Congratulations for the whole team :) I love this meme too because like you it makes me ponder on things I should be thankful for..

Blessings!!

Lyndy said...

I struggle from time to time too. Thank you for sharing your sweet heart with us.

Blessings to you,

Lyndy

livinginbetween said...

Doesn't it stink when we have to make ourselves be grateful. ;) But it's oh, so good for us! And congrats on your win!

Thank you, Pia, for following along with me. I look forward to getting to know more about you. When I was in high school, I had a "pen pal" in the Philippines. I treasured her letters and friendship. I wish we hadn't lost touch. I will enjoy a new friend across the miles!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, that's one of the reason you can be thankful for to God, that your team won and you had a great bonding experience with your insurance team and had a great lunch as your prize. I never had that problem of finding what to thank God for because I thank Him everyday of my life- for the food that I eat, for His divine providence, for the favor of God and men that I experienced, for the healing and good health, for the strength that He gives me everyday, etc., etc. Thanking God should really be no problem. Even the birds and the winds and the trees and the small creatures of God thank and praise Him in their own small way. The most thrilling experience of a Christian is giving Him praise and worship and thanking Him every day of his life. That's what we will do for all eternity. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Nancie said...

Hi Pia,

I can really identify with you. There are so many cares daily and I greatly appreciate Thankful Thursday as it helps me to count my blessings and remember God's goodness in the midst of many challenges. Glad your team has a great time together. Nice photo. Thanks for sharing with us. Take care and have a very blessed weekend!

Warm regards,
Nancie

Amrita said...

You all look very beautiful

Blog Widget by LinkWithin