Thankful Thursday

Thursday, April 15, 2010
It was a holiday here last Friday and it was so hot!  My family came over to my place to take a dip.  We had dinner, picnic style, beside the pool.  Spent some quality time together.  It was fun!

My nephews: Michael by himself at the back, with me is Andre wearing goggles and Fredrick giving me "horns".  lol

The following day, Saturday, I went to the gym with my friend to work out.  When I got home later that afternoon, I couldn't explain the sadness I felt.  I didn't know where that emotion came from and why it came about. It was just there.  So I prayed and asked God to speak to me, I asked Him what He wanted to tell me.

A thought came to my mind and I felt like God wanted me to sing.

I said, "What?  I feel like this and you want me to sing?" 

I thought that was odd so I asked again, "Are you sure you wanted me to sing?" 

Convincing me didn't take long.  After a few seconds, I said, "Okay, Lord, if that's what you want."

I turned the TV and DVD on and sang along with the Citipointe Live.  While singing "Forgiver", especially when I got to the chorus, I was overwhelmed not with sadness but with the realization of how much God loves me and how important I am to Him.  Tears welled up in my eyes.

Later on, I understood why God wanted me to sing.  Through singing, He reached out to me and reminded me of His love and my importance to Him.  He answered my prayer.

Lord, thank you!


I wish I can share a video of this song with you, but I can't find any.  Once I find one, I'll post it. 



What are you thankful for this week?

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Lynn over at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.



17 comments:

Rocks said...

God is indeed good all the time especially when we obey. The picture made miss my nieces and nephews too!

bp said...

Glad you had a nice time with your family. Thanks for sharing how God encouraged you through song.

God bless you!
Bethany

Mylene said...

In many ways God will remind us of His love for us.

Thanks for sharing. It is also nice to have some fun with the kids. Very refreshing.

Thanks for the visit!

Anonymous said...

Praising Him with you this day, Pia. God truly knows our hearts and wants us near. He sings over us:
Zephaniah 3:17 - "The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

Your obedience is all He asks for. Mine too!
loving you, ~ linda

Denise said...

Keep singing my precious friend, love you.

debi9kids said...

What a blessing! Amazing when the Lord speaks so loudly that we actually hear Him.
bless you!

ps Not sure if these links will help or not:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odv3XjJfUck&feature=related

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Hi P!
Maybe God wanted to let you have your groove back. Maybe you are dwelling and spending more time on something/ someone else and in the process totally forgetting about yourself.
Have a blessed week!
xoxo

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Btw, your nephews are really cute!
xoxo

Slamdunk said...

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing Pia.

tammi said...

What a beautiful experience! I'm amazed at all the different ways God communicates with us and lets us know of His great love. Thanks for sharing!

Joshlin said...

How great that you realized God was talking to you and wanted you to sing. He reaches out to us so often it is not hard to turn away and not think about it again.

Have a blessed week!

Rita T. said...

The children are so adorable. The Lord loves for us to have joy...I'm glad the song gave you joy.

Nancie said...

Hi Pia,

Thank God for blessing your time with your loved ones. They are so precious!

Thank God for leading you to sing and He ministered to you in such wonderful ways through His songs. Yes, God sometimes uses songs to remind us of His love. He is wonderful, isn't He!

Thanks for your sweet prayers for me! Thank God that He is with us and He loves us dearly. You are very precious to Him. May He continue to fill you with His love daily and always give you a song to sing :)

Take care and have a blessed weekend.

Warm regards,
Nancie

annies home said...

looks like you all had a great time your post reminds me of the phrase often shared with me "the lord will give you words if you will only open your mouth

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

You really had a wonderful time with your family at the pool. It's a cool way to beat the extreme heat of El Nino. The weather is really extremely hot that one can almost faint because of the excessive heat. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Nana Jul said...

How cool is that?!! Asking you to sing, and giving you the song that brought you relief!
God is so Amazing!
Have a great weekend!
Julie

jo.attalife said...

Pia, this has happened to me before, too. I'm just thankful God hasn't asked me to dance, coz that would be quite a sight! He does know me, after all, and I guess He prefers that I sing, lol lol!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin