Thankful Thursday

Thursday, October 29, 2009

We serve a God of change. This is very comforting to be reminded of because of circumstances in our lives that seem to look like we're stuck in it for good and that there's no way out.

I thank the Lord that He is able to change my circumstance and that surely victory is mine. It may look like it's never going to change now, but His Word says in Isaiah 14:24, "The Lord Almighty has sworn, 'Surely as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so will it stand..." It doesn't matter how ugly or depressing my situation looks like now, because this too is subject to change.

Thank you, Lord!


What are you thankful for this week?

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Lynn over at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.


9 comments:

JLaine said...

Amen!!!! He makes everything beautiful in His time

Lalaine's World
From Asia and Beyond
Day to Day Miracles
Trying to be Fit
Not a Shopaholic

i said...

HOw true! I'm really encouraged by your post. God bless you!

Debbie Petras said...

Pia, God is at work in your life. How awesome that your name came up this past week when I first met Sarah Dawn of Splashin' Glory! Even though you live so far away, you were on our minds.

The Lord can change our circumstances, no matter how difficult that may seem. After all, He parted the waters and healed the sick. Nothing is too hard for Him.

Hugs across our blogs,
Debbie

Debbie said...

Pia, I found your post particularily encouraging. I love the scripture you quoted and I intend to memorize it. God can change anything He wants to the purposes that suit Him. And knowing He always has our best in mind makes this comforting and relaxing. Nothing is beyond Him. Have a great week. Blessings to you, Debbie

Mary said...

God is good. Have a wonderful day.

Rocks said...

I say Amen to that Pia!!Maybe it looks bleak now but God knows what He's doing!! Blessings to you!

Denise said...

You are very inspiring, love you so much my friend.

Unknown said...

I LOVED this post. and the scripture in Isaiah is perfect. Thank you. Happy TT.

So glad I stopped in today. BIG hugs.

Nancie said...

Amen, Pia! Thank God that He can change whatever circumstances we are in. With God all things are possible. May He continue to guide and bless you daily. Take care!

God bless,
Nancie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin