How To Handle Adversity

Tuesday, October 27, 2009
I've been wanting to have a copy of this book but wasn't able to find one when I was desperately looking for it two months ago. I couldn't find it in our local bookstores.

My dear friend, Sylvia, sent me one and I got it this morning!

I'm excited to start reading it.


Thank you so much, Sylvia!!! I love the dedication you wrote.


"If you are a child of God whose heart's desire is to see God glorified through you, adversity will not put you down for the count. There will be those initial moments of shock and confusion. But the man or woman who has God's perspective on this life and the life to come will always emerge victorious."
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4


8 comments:

Denise said...

I am happy your friend sent you the book sweetie.

heiresschild said...

hi Pia, glad you received the book. enjoy! i have "If Satan Can't Steal Your Joy". calendar swap sounds like something i might like to do. God's continued blessings to you.

heiresschild said...

Pia, you should initiate a calendar swap.

Debbie Petras said...

Pia, I had to share this with you! Sarah Dawn of Splashin' Glory moved back to the states and she lives close to me (about 30 minutes drive). I got to meet her in person yesterday! I wrote about it on Heart Choices.

But, what I especially wanted to share was that she told me about the one giveaway she had on Splashin' Glory. The Lord told her to give away the book "Streams in the Desert". She was telling me how #55 just happened to live in the Phillipines and I said to her "was it Pia?". She looked at me shocked and said ..yes it was.

Can you believe it? First I want to say that I have a copy of "Streams in the Desert" and it has been such a help to me. Some days the words are just perfect for what I needed to read. And now I'm glad to see that you just received Charles Stanley's book.

Blessings to you Pia! I'm going to follow you. I had to go to a thankful Thursday post to find you again.

Hugs,
Debbie

Amrita said...

I like the teaching of Charles Stanley. Looks like a good book.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Sound like a good book.

Pia said...

denise: i am too. i'm so grateful!

sylvia: thanks again for the book. calendar swap? where did that come from? oh, that! =D

debbie: i love the book sarah dawn sent me. i'm reading it every morning. and you're right, some days the words are just perfect for what i'm feeling and going through that day. i'm happy to receive another book. God really works in mysterious ways.

amrita: it is. i'm excited to start reading it.

dora: i'm sure it is.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the quote you gave about adversity. That's powerful!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin