Random Thoughts

Monday, October 26, 2009
It has been a busy week for me last week. I was planning to go on leave any day this week since my boss is leaving for the US tomorrow, but he told me this morning that I'll be in charge of the office while he's gone. So my plan went flying out the window. Sheesh... He said that when he comes back, I can go on a vacation for one week. Really now.

Yesterday was my first day to lead my Leadership Group (LG) and it will be so every Sunday. It went well. We've talked about the Power of Hope by Joyce Meyer. I was also being encouraged myself while I was discussing this topic with them.
Most of us have a hard time believing that God is working on our behalf until we see something happening with our natural eyes. This usually isn't the way God works. He works behind the scenes much of the time...
Whatever happens, trust in the Lord and trust in the power of hope! My hope is in God who never changes. Nothing is impossible with Him. He is a big God, and I'm believing Him for big things. How about you?
The day before that I went to the gym to work out which by the way I missed for several weeks, then went shopping in the afternoon. My legs hurt from walking around for five hours.

My week ended with a smile on my face. My heart was joyful and at peace in spite of the busyness. I thank the Lord for His constant assurance that He's going to make everything beautiful in my life. For now, He just wanted me to enjoy life while I wait expectantly.
"Now you shall see what I will do..." Exodus 6:1
On a different note, I saw this video on my YouTube's playlist --- a blast from the past. I think the lyrics are my becoming sentiment. Thought of sharing it here.



7 comments:

Angela said...

Pia, Exodus was my scipture this morning also..WOW!!

Amrita said...

I like that song from the B ZSt. bos

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder that God most often works behind the scenes. I am so glad your week ended well. ((hugs))

Beth Herring said...

We certainly don't always see Him working, but we know that He is and we just have to trust and submit.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

I listened to the video and it was as if I can see you actually feeling those words in the video. I could sense your pains and longings. I can't blame you sis. God made us love the person we love and if we miss that person so terribly, God can't blame us. I could sense your pain. If only there is something I can do. I can only pray for you my sister that God, in His own infinite mercy and grace, will hear our corporate prayers and grant you your heart's desire. But life is like that. We can never ever fathom the will of God in our lives. We can just trust Him that He will give us nothing but the best for our lives. Let us continue to pray for the realization of your heart's desire. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Denise said...

I enjoyed this post, love you.

Pia said...

angie: wow! a confirmation!

amrita: i like most of their songs. reminds me of the 90s.

paula: He does work behind the scenes and He will bring to pass everything He promised.

beth: that's so true. in the past i would really get depressed because i don't see anything changing in my situation but i know He's working behind the scenes.

mel: thank you for continuously praying. i do trust that He will make all thing beautiful in His time. He hears our corporate prayer and i know He will bring His promises to pass. i'm holding on.

denise: love you too, dear. i'm always praying for you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin