His Wife

Tuesday, June 2, 2009
I've joined Amy Verlennich's S.H.M.I.L.Y (See How Much I Love You) for 30 days of prayer using Stormie Omartian's book The Power of a Praying Wife. It started yesterday, June 1. If you're a wife or someone who wants to pray for her future husband, don't worry about the date, you can still join us. It's never too late. Visit Amy's site to answer your What, How and Why questions. I will be posting here lessons I've learned from time to time.

I love what it says after the foreword --- The Power...
We don't have authority over our husbands. However, we have been given authority "over all the power of the enemy" (Luke 10:19) and can do great damage to the enemy's plan when we pray.
You have the means to establish a hedge of protection around your marriage because Jesus said, "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" (Matthew 18:18).
Chapter 1 --- His Wife...

God will not change our husbands without changing us first. Transformation will begin with us wives as we pray for our husbands.
God can resurrect the deadest of marriages, but it takes humbling ourselves before Him and desiring to live His way --- forgiveness, kindness and love. It means letting go of the past and all hurt associated with it and being willing to lose the argument in order to win the battle.
Prayer brings unity even if you're not praying together.
The point is, whatever situation we're in, we have to believe the part of our relationship that has been eaten away by pain, indifference and selfishness can be restored. The power of Jesus is the very same power that will resurrect the dead places of our marriage and put life back into it. Nothing is impossible with Him. God's will is to break down all barriers and lift us up out of the pit we're in.

Wives, pray!!! This is our weapon and it is powerful.
"... Lord, give my husband a new wife, and let it be ME."
"Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Galatians 6:9


6 comments:

Denise said...

This is beautiful sweetie, love you.

LAURIE said...

Praise God for praying wifes!! May God bless you as you pray for your marriage Pia. -Laurie

Amy (Dandelion Seeds) said...

beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Rocks said...

may the Lord grant you your prayers sis :)

Dawn said...

Oh Pia thank you for sharing this post. Wow I can that God works in wonderful ways. I picked the perfect time to start back blogging and your post gave me an answer to something I asked said to God last night. Thanks for the blessing and for God to use you to let me know something I needed to know!

♥ Dawn

Pia said...

denise: love you too, dear. God bless you.

laurie: prayers change things. i believe that with all my heart.

amy: it's my pleasure.

rocks: thank you. i'm praying for that too.

dawn: God works in mysterious but perfect ways. i'm glad God led you to my post. i believe that was meant to be. God bless you, dawn.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin