God... My Anchor

Monday, June 29, 2009
I'd like to thank you, my dear friends in and out of bloggy land, for your continuous prayer for me, my husband and my marriage. I believe that even if I don't see anything yet in the natural, our prayers are already working. I am truly touched by people all over the globe praying for us.

I prayed for justice the whole weekend. During my quiet time, God lead me to the story of the persistent widow in Luke 18:1-8. I don't think that was a coincidence. I believe that was a message God wanted to tell me.
"And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly..." Luke 18:7-8
Here's another verse:
"Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' says the Lord." Romans 12:19
I was comforted by these Words from God. I know He sees and knows what's happening. He is still in control. God reminded me these words He told me in His still, small voice --- TRUST ME. Although my boat gets rocked once in a while, with your prayers and mine and our faith in our Almighty God, I was made to realize that my Anchor is immovable.
"The LORD will fight for me; I need only to be still." Exodus 14:14


11 comments:

Angela said...

I LOVE how the Lord leads us in His Word to bring us comfort, strength, hope and perseverance...I praise God for His leading us together on this journey and standing in the gap for you. I appreciate you standing in the gap for me precious sister..I LOVE you.!!

Amrita said...

My dear Pia, my younger sister have walked the same valley and she still is on rocky ground although her marriage was saved. I know what this anguish and hurt feels like.
Praying for you and your husband.

May the Holy Spirit 's presence be very close to you.

PW said...

Hi! HUGS, still praying for you and your hubby.

Paula said...

Yes, be still and let Him fight for you. I will keep you in my prayers. You are a precious child of God and we are blessed to have you here in blogland. (((hugs))) in Christ,

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweet Pia,
God truly does want to guard us and to guide us. The persistent widow story is such a powerful one, especially when we need to hang on, not give up or in. Phrases from the verses you quoted in your journal struck me: "leave room for God's wrath", "he will see that they get justice", and "The LORD will fight for me"...WOW. To know that He is for us. Romans 8:31 -"What then shall we say to these things? If God {is} for us, who {is} against us?" We need only Him. In prayer and caring through Christ, ~ linda

Denise said...

God does hear our hearts sweet friend, love you.

Debra Kaye said...

Pia,

How God loves you to give you the peace of His Word to sustain you in times of rocking boats!

I love you, sweet sister, and I am always blessed by your tender spirit and love for our Lord.

Big hugs to you!

Dawn said...

Sending you warm wishes a big (((hug)))).

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi pia, you've just been tagged in my special Friendship Chain Tag! Hv fun! :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, we rest on an immovable rock that can withstand all the fiercest storms in life. The parable of the persistent widow is a lesson in patience and trust in the Lord. When we least expect it, He will dramatically answer our prayers in such a way that no room for coincidence can ever be considered. As it is, He is still testing you and probing your heart where it stands. Just continue praying and trusting Him and He will surely grant you your heart's desire. I am one with you in your prayers. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Chris said...

nice one. im grabbing your button by the way :) so i can come back more often..

http://chrisamador.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin