God Speaks

Wednesday, June 17, 2009
When we pray, do we do all the talking or do we also give God the chance to speak to us? We know that He does speak to us all the time but sometimes or most of the time we fail to listen.

Last night, I sat on the bed and prayed like I always do. But this time I stopped talking and listened to what God wanted to say. I said, "Father, talk to me. I'm listening." I sat there with my eyes closed for a few minutes.

There's nothing.

Again I said, "Father, talk to me. I'm listening."

I waited.

I pulled out that sheet of paper with my daily devotional which I printed two days ago but for some strange reasons it didn't come out of the printer until early yesterday morning.

It lead me to John 2:1-10.

It was about the wedding in Cana, Jesus' first miracle. It was an article written by a fellow stander, Annette from Colorado.

She was illustrating that Jesus' mother is a picture of me, asking the Father's help in an urgent situation that I cannot change myself. The ceremonial jars for washing symbolize the washing of myself and my husband, that is taking place. The master of the banquet is Abba Father, the bridegroom is Jesus and the best wine saved until last is the richness of our restored marriages.

I was encouraged!

I wrote this in my journal at home. I knew in my heart that this was the message God wanted me to hear or read last night.

He did speak!


6 comments:

Denise said...

God bless you my friend.

Angela said...

Thank you Pia...thank you for this message...

Renie Burghardt said...

He does speak to us. We just have to quiet our minds and listen.

Have a wonderful day, Pia!

Hugs and blessings,

Renie

PW said...

So glad you were encouraged!!!!! HUGS, and praying for you while I'm offline for a week after today.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes we can find God and hear Him speak to us if we are earnest enough. He said, "You will seek Me and find Me if you seek Me with all of your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord" Jeremiah 29:13-14. Hope springs eternal. Nothing is impossible with God. I am with you in your prayers sis. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Sharon said...

Sometimes it's not in our timing its in his, and sometimes he is speaking and its right under our noses, Amen!!
Great post my friend
Blessings

Blog Widget by LinkWithin