Our God Is Faithful

Wednesday, October 3, 2007
There's a praise report in the Prayer Room and I remembered I was one of the prayer team members who prayed for "E". I was so encouraged to see God answered one of my prayers. It only means to say that God hears us and He answers prayers!

Early this morning before going to work, I had my quiet time and read my Bible. God lead me to this verse, "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:8-9

This verse spoke to me about my mountain and God's promises. Often times I feel like I'm being short changed and I'm missing out a lot. I often wish this mountain I'm facing will soon vanish. Then God, again, showed me that He hasn't forgotten His promises to me. It's just that He's going to fulfill them in His time. The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise as the verse said.

Did you receive a promise from God that hasn't come to pass yet? Hold on. Don't give up! As Hebrews 10:23 says, "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! This is such a great and encouraging post Pia. Yes your mountain is not too hard to be impoved by God!

Anonymous said...

it's hard to wait but still holding on to see the fulfillment of God's promises.

Anonymous said...

Rightly said Pia.It is the unshakable faith which matters.
A great message. God bless.

Anonymous said...

i'm holding on also to a few of God's promises, knowing that He will bring them to pass. your post is an encouragement to me. thanx pia.

Anonymous said...

i think it's such a blessing how in the midst of your own personal situations, you still unselfishly pray for so many others. i've written to the prayer room twice, and you've prayed for me too. you didn't know it was me because i didn't use my name, but rather initials. thanx for being an instrument that God can use.

Anonymous said...

surjit: God bless you too. thanks for the visit. hope to see you again soon.

sylvia: they're seeds i sow. i believe God will give me a great harvest soon. i'm glad to be able to help others. =D

Anonymous said...

His Timing is always perfect =)

Anonymous said...

yep it is.

Anonymous said...

Yes, waiting is often the hard part. But as you can see through that verse the Lord is not limited by time nor will he be rushed according to our desires. I can't help but consider waiting allows us to see the new crop for the fruit of patience that the Spirit has woven through us. Hopefully even our waiting periods are glorifying the Lord.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin