The Bitter Taste Of Guilt

Thursday, October 11, 2007
If I say that I tasted guilt the other night and it was bitter, literally bitter, would you know what I'm talking about? I did something the other night and I knew it was wrong but I did it anyway. That same night, I came down with a fever and chill. I remembered God warned me of this thing a few weeks back and I ignored it. I was so guilty. I repented right away but I could taste guilt in my mouth. It was bitter. I went to work yesterday morning feeling lousy but went home after a few hours because I barfed everything I ate for lunch. I felt so sick! Last night, my best friend brought me food for dinner. Yep, I barfed it all out again. Sigh...

Lesson I learned - Don't mess up with what you're asking God for. Prayer is so powerful. You think God is not at work behind the scenes and you want to test the waters? Don't even think about it. Now I know how real guilt tastes like. Yuck!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice. This comes very timely: "You think God is not at work behind the scenes and you want to test the waters? Don't even think about it."

Hope you're feeling better now. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Godly sorrow works to repentance but condemnation brings shame.

I wonder if the aftermath taste in reality could be liken to sin in the spiritual sense. It's that ugly/bitter. Something to think about at least.

Hope you're doing better.

Anonymous said...

hope ya are feeling better

huggs

jel

Anonymous said...

it's quite the same feeking i got lately...but i'm not that sick so far..hav a gud day

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

i'm feeling better. thank God!

sparrow: yes, of course. the bitter taste, it's ugliness, it could not only be liken to sin, it is no doubt sin.

Anonymous said...

God is faithful and just to forgive us and clense us from all unrighteousness, when we confess our sins to Him. I hae to do this so much.We are made of clay our master potter knows that.

Anonymous said...

i've been there, and i understand. glad you're better.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin