Goodbye, Lola

Tuesday, October 9, 2007
My lola (grandmother) passed away the other day at 80 years of age. We are all still in shock. It's as if we're all having a nightmare. I still couldn't believe my lola's gone.

I was typing some stuff in my computer last Sunday at around 12:30 P.M. when my sister called. She was asking me if I was busy and I said YES! I was a bit cranky that time for some reason. She asked me if I could go with her to mom's and I asked her why she needed me to go with her. When she told me lola passed away already and we have to tell mom about it, my jaw dropped. Tears welled up in my eyes. Oh God, this isn't happening. I didn't waste time anymore, I hurried up and went straight to my sister's to go to mom and dad's.

Hours later at my lola's house, I saw her lifeless body on her bed. I held her hand and realized it's true, my lola's gone.


"Lola, we will all miss you. We love you very much and we'll see you again in heaven."

Honorata Vizmanoz Ochengco
January 11, 1927 - October 7, 2007

My Aunt Marita, my mom, my lola and my mom's twin sister (standing) Aunt Rosalina
Pictures taken last December in Singapore


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pia and family, I want to extend my deep sympathy and love to you at your bereavement.I know how it fwels when a loved one passes away. But your Lola is with Jesus and is so happy there. That itself is a great comfort. May the Lord wrap your heart with His presence.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you lost your Grandma. That is so heartbreaking. Praise God she is with Jesus and you will see her again when you are old and a grandma yourself.

God Bless you and Keep you!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pia

Our deepest condolence and sympathy.
Please take care.
(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

WoW. You held her hand? *blinking back tears* That is so very, very touching.

May she rest in His arms of love.

Lifting your family in prayer. *tears*

Anonymous said...

thank you for your prayers. they mean a lot to us.

Anonymous said...

"To be absent in the body is to be present with the Lord". I hope all is well with you and your family. God bless.

Anonymous said...

thanks, toni.

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathy to you and your family Pia. I pray that God wraps loving arms of comfort around you. Difficult days are ahead, I know. I still grieve for Pa...but the circle of life is always turning. The good thing is, we have God at the center!

Anonymous said...

thanks, susan.

Anonymous said...

Pia, I am so sorry. May God be with you in a very real way during this time.

Anonymous said...

pia, my condolences and heartfelt prayers to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

thank you, sharon. thank you, sylvia.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin