The Bait

Monday, October 22, 2007
It's so conspicuous how the enemy tries to lure me into his traps. He truly lives up to his name - the great deceiver. He tries every tactic he can think of and throws it to my face. I thank God for His grace and wisdom that I can somehow "smell" the enemy's repulsive and stinking stench. I know I have to be very careful because he works double time just to see me fall. I'm sorry to have to play the brain twister game here as to who and what I'm talking about. I need to protect the privacy of the person involved.

Last night, the enemy wanted me to grab his bait by presenting himself as my friend. I knew my friend was used by the great deceiver to trick me into his deception. Sin presented itself as a remedy for a bottled up emotion I've had all this time. The enemy was like saying, "Here, come and get it. You need this." I almost fell into his trap, but thank God I managed to say NO!

"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

God, this is the second time he tried to con me with this and he used the same person to do it. I thank you, Lord, because You saved me from falling into the pit the enemy had prepared especially for me. God, thank you for Your wisdom and Your strength that helped me to stand up for what is right.

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like we live parallel lives...still. I'm praying that God will strengthen me to stay connected with you and some of my other blog friends because I realize that there is strength in numbers even if we're miles apart.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pia

Is everything fine now?
Please take care.
Be strong in Him =)
(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you were able to see clearly pia. God said He would not have us to be ignorant of satan's devices. thank God for another victory in Him.

thanks for the info regarding the widgets. i know how to put them on the regular templates, but there was a new blog template i had up at the time that wouldn't let me customize. that's why i took that one down. i'll try it again another day when i have some time. i'll probably have to do some adjustments within the actual template.

Anonymous said...

annette: when things get rough in my life like how i would describe it now, i get encouragement to go on and hold on to God through christian blogger friends. they're a big help. they pray for me too. i mean, it's like family.

audrey: temptations come and go. i'm just so glad God is bigger and greater than the enemy.

sylvia: thank God i didn't fall for that trap.
if you need help fixing up your template, i might be of help. i'm not an expert though, but just in case, let me know.

Anonymous said...

Hello Pia,

What an encouraging blog. I will visit often. I also love Audrey's blog. Temptations are out there all the time, but He helps us overcome them.

God bless!

Renie

Anonymous said...

yep, He does. thank you for swinging by to my site. really hope to see you around more often. God bless you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin