Enjoy Your Season

Saturday, October 27, 2007
I often hear this phrase - Enjoy your season. I received this same message not just once but countless times from a very close friend of mine. I didn't understand what she meant by it, but I prayed about it and somehow God revealed to me what it meant to enjoy my season. Often times I would stomp my feet out of frustration and blurt out, "I'm tired of waiting! Why are you doing this to me, God?!" Then I would cry buckets. After bawling like crazy, my problems were still there. It didn't go away. Same old frustration would present itself to my face.

We have God's promise and we recieved it with open arms, with praises on our lips. After that we wait. Now that's the hard part, right? It is! But we are sure that His promise will come to pass and we can trust God for it. And before we get to our promised land, how do we wait? Do we wait impatiently and miserably or do we wait joyfully? Now that is up to us.

To enjoy our season is to enjoy the journey He prepared for us to get to our goal. The email I got from Soul Scents said it perfectly.

"You see, I’d been stomping my proverbial foot. Moping and almost giving up on some of the very things I thought the Lord had told me He was doing in my life. When months (even years in some cases) had gone by without my seeing the fruition of the dreams and hopes He’d placed within me, I’d fought that sick heart talked about in Proverbs—the one that is ill because hope has been deferred for so long."

Does that sound familiar?

"There are areas of my life that feel like one LONG detour—winding on unexpected paths, driving over hills I’d never intended to climb, and crossing deep streams."

"On those detours the Lord climbs into the car with us and whispers His love. I think I hear Him saying, 'Relax. Roll down the window and enjoy the ride with me. Relish the adventure of unexpected travel with the One Who loves you best.' It’s in these unfamiliar places that we discover each other more deeply.”

"The Lord already has the destination picked out and He’s choosing the roads. He knows I’ll enjoy the arrival more after I’ve come to know Him as my closest companion."

Let me end this with an encouragement to everyone who's holding on to God's promises -

"The promises God gave me are mine—and in His perfect time, He'll fulfill them. Until then, I’ll seek to live in expectation of those treasures, and enjoy the ride with Him."


Don't give up! Remember, He who promised is faithful.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I agree...but sometimes it is hard and we forget to enjoy the seasons...but really...God does want us to enjoy our seasons, doesn't he? Thanks for the great reminder! :)

Anonymous said...

First time here and I enjoy reading your post.
I'm over from Open Window and every Friday I do a thing what I call Friendly Friday which I try to feature fun and friendly things in blog world.
Part of that is finding friendly blogs.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia

Excellent post!
Enjoy our seasons =)

Anonymous said...

Its very difficult to enjoy the season specially if its long dry one and you feel its not gonna end and lose your vision. But taking it one day at a time helps- for me

Anonymous said...

A Pastor once said that it is important we understand what season we operate in. This is because God doesn't operate at the same timeline we do. He doesn't look into seconds, minutes, hours, days, months nor years. He work through seasons. Knowing and understanding what season we are in allows us to be in line with His timeline.

Wanted to share with you what He taught me during my season of waiting. I call it "A Course on Patience" :)

Here's the link to my site:
http://boughtforaprice.blogspot.com

Please check out my entries on October 17 & 19. Hope it blesses you too :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin