In God I Trust

Thursday, October 18, 2007
Last night my office mates and I went to have dinner at Emperor's in Wilson. While waiting for our food to be served, they started "bashing" me again with their worldly beliefs on how to live life. Honestly, this wasn't new to me. I have gone through this same discussion over and over again. They were so proud in saying that they knew the Bible and yet they live a life that contradicts what's written in it. They were trying to talk me into reacting to my situation according to their standards so as to be "acceptable". They could probably see a big question mark written on my face as if asking, "what on earth are you guys saying?!" Nevertheless, I hope I was able to carry out the message to them clearly that they can't bend my faith in my God.

While I was in the middle of all these contentions, I was reminded of this verse in 1 Peter 3:15-16 which says, "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."

That same night I was asked by one of them, "Tell me, what's the difference between a wife and a mistress/hooker?"

My jaw dropped! I mean, what kind of stupid question was that??? The answer was so obvious! Notice the mistress (slash) hooker? Let me call the person who made this comparison Mr. X. According to Mr. X, he sees a mistress the same as a hooker. He said for him there's no difference. He also said that he loves his wife very much and his other woman is just his best friend (with benefits). I was like thinking where in hell did you come from??? Can you really hear what you're saying? And you have the nerve to even say you know the Bible?!

And so I told him the difference, as patiently and as gently as I could, but obviously it didn't stop there. It wasn't the answer he wanted to hear. God, how screwed can this person be?

At home, I remembered everything that transpired that evening. I had my quiet time, closed my eyes and asked God for His divine protection upon me and Jec. I may not see the fulfillment of God's promises yet but as it is written in Hebrews 10:23, "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pia, you did well, unfortunately we do live in a secular world and there are always going to be people who don't understand why we have our faith in God.

Anonymous said...

We just have to keep speaking truth Pia even to those who profess to have it. The enemy has don't a good job of deceiving so many...

Anonymous said...

Yes, Pia.
Nothing but the truth for our Lord =)
He'll reward you, Lieve Zus.

Anonymous said...

the enemy has been trying to destroy me all this time. his attacks are coming in in bunches. i'm just so grateful that God never left me during those moments.

Anonymous said...

i'm finding that people try to live a Godly life without reading The Word or evening taking the time to develop a personal, intimate relationship with God. it just can't be done any other way. keep letting your light shine Pia, and remember God's Word does not return unto Him void, but it accomplishes just what it's supposed to. some plant, some water, and God will give the increase. your attacks come because you are living Godly; however, no weapon formed against shall prosper.

Anonymous said...

you did well, pia! usually these kind of ppls anger me and i would have not answer them in such gentle way that u had. May God continue to be with you and may he let you see the light up ahead clearly! *HUGZ*

Blog Widget by LinkWithin