God, I Chose You

Wednesday, October 31, 2007
I have been praying for some things and believing God for a breakthrough, but not everyone around me is supportive. Some would just blurt out unkind remarks inconsiderably. The thing is, I'm not even asking or am I interested in their opinions. But just the same, these people just had to put their two cents in.

It's so easy to get disappointed when you absorb all the world has to offer. I've learned that I don't need to accept everything that I hear because if I do, I'd be so depressed. God already gave me His Word regarding the very thing I'm believing for. But that doesn't mean that I'll be spared from all negativity around me. Negativity is here to stay but it's up to me if I'd take it in and permit it to screw my life or I'd reject it the moment it presents itself. The choice is mine.

There are two standards in this world that we can choose to side with - the world's or God's. I chose the latter which sadly is the least popular. But this I believe is the only one that is certain. It is as certain as the sun shining in the morning. I was told this afternoon that I have to make a choice regarding my situation, regarding my personal life. Obviously, this person see things based on how the world packaged it. "Well, I already did," I said. "But my choice is something that isn't acceptable and is unpopular to the world."

God, people around me think I'm crazy for making this choice. But I stand firmly on this decision because You gave me Your Word. I trust You and I believe that my God is a faithful God. That Your Word will never go back to You empty but will accomplish the purpose for which it was sent. May they all see Your faithfulness and may Your name be glorified in my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our christian brethren often mean well but as imperfect people they don't always stop and think for how something might sound. Oops, and then it's too late to take it back. I totally understand the need to keep focused on Him instead of what people say. Easier said than done. How easily we trip over words sometimes.

Now if it's secular persons speaking, well, that just goes with the territory of the world.

Standing on the promise with you that He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Anonymous said...

I have faced these same challenges lately. My problem is that I was listening to these negative people. This created a crises in my faith. But God intervined and is slowly restoring me and my faith. I am praying for you and your situation.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pia

Yes. The choice is ours.
We don't have to please anyone except God.
Be strong k?
We're standing together with you throughout this journey.
(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I agree Pia, it's God's judgment and wisdom I crave more than the world.s *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Amen...I agree with you once again! It's not always easy going against the flow, and people make comments often, but it's worth it. :)

Anonymous said...

I am blessed by your faith. The world will always have different voices or opinions but only One Voice matters. You are right in choosing Him. His mind never changes. His opinion never varies. He is the same yesterday today and forever. He never fails.

And the best part is, He never puts us to shame.


PS My friend also has a sister named Vangie. She once said I look like her sister! I wonder if she's the same Vangie. She's half-Chinese and Christian too.

Anonymous said...

flyby hugging!



did U know that U R AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

sparrow: hi! these people actually are non christians. i'm just surprised how insensitive they can be. i mean they just won't stop.

jeff: thanks for praying. just hold on to God. you'll never go wrong. it's easier said than done, i know, but that's the only way to go if we want to be victorious.

audrey: thanks, lieve zus. i'm trying to be strong with God's grace. thanks for standing with me in prayer in my life's journey.

amy: i used to play it safe but i've ralized that i can't have the best of both worlds. i'm bound to lose in the end. and choosing God's way might be hard now but the result would be far better than you could imagine.

andrea: yeah, and sometimes the best choice would be the least popular one.

toni: you're right. He's the same yesterday, today and forever. the vangie i know is 100% chinese. is vangie's sister's name mary jane? my friend has also a borther. are we talking about the same vangie?

jel: hugs to you too, jel. i'm awesome? really? i didn't know that. haha! i think all of us are one way or the other. =)

Anonymous said...

great post and reminder pia. thanx. i've always chosen the least popular way, even when i wasn't a christian, but right is right, no matter what. you're on the right path, which is the straight and narrow, and there aren't many on this path because it's not wide enough for flesh and junk.

Anonymous said...

I have to deal with negavity too, its discouraging.But the Lord uses all experiences to build me up.

Anonymous said...

sylvia: that is so true. but really, it's not easy. but yeah, right is right so we don't have any other option.

amrita: that's right and because of our experiences, we can be used by God for His glory. hard as it is, but the rewards are great.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin