White Water Rafting Adventure-Day 2

Monday, October 11, 2010
Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Breakfast at 6:30 a.m. We got our stuff in the jeepney for a two and a half ride to Pasil, Kalinga, our put-in point (river access where a trip begins).



We made a stop over to stretch a bit.

 

We geared up and some safety briefing by Argel took place along with the inflating of the rubber boats and organizing other river equipment by the river crews before heading off to the water.

 

We had two rubber boats.  I was on the second boat.  Two trained professional river guides headed the rafting team. On the first boat was Argel and on our boat was Anton Carag.  Then half way along we changed boats. Argel now with us and Anton on the other boat.
  
Here's the first boat.  Forward paddle!  Back paddle!  Haha!
Here's our boat.  Woohoo! Left back!  Right back!

After four hours on the rubber boat, paddling, we made a stop over at a waterfall where we drank fresh water and rested. 


Towards the end of our white water rafting adventure, some of us jumped off the boat to enjoy the water.  It was so hot and the cold water felt so good on the skin.  Whew!

See that thing in the water floating at the back?  That's me! Haha! In front of me was May. The water was I think more than 10 feet deep here.  I couldn't care less.

Argel pulled me up from the water and got me in the boat again when the rapids were nearing.  The truth is I could have stayed in the water but I chickened out.

On the take-out (river access where a trip ends), we had our last photo shoot before heading back to Casa Carag.  What a fun day it was!
 

We were all tired.  Very tired!  But happy...


Until my mood suddenly changed.  A thought just came to my mind, plus I wasn't feeling okay physically, that made me want to burst in tears.  But no, I didn't cry.  The photos just captured it.  It was written all over my face.

 
 

Back at Casa Carag, I took a quick shower.  Prayed and asked God to help me overcome the weird emotion I was having.  God did give me a word and a vivid vision that went along with it.  The enemy was quick to steal my joy, but God was faster to counter the enemy.  Thank God!

The following day, woke up at 6 a.m. for another yummy breakfast, packed our bags and off to the airport to catch the flight back to Manila.  




Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful experience.  Looking forward to our next adventure.


6 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Looks like quite the adventure. Nice job being brave!

Denise said...

Awesome adventure, and pictures.

Amrita said...

I love the way you guys are having fun. When I was young an d fit , we had times like these. Have lotsa good time with your buddies. Hugs for all.

Unknown said...

what an adventure!too bad, tuguegarao was hit by typhoon juan. hope the clearing w/ be swift.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Pia
In the last picture, were you wearing an Esprit blouse. I think I have a shirt like that one hehe

Glad you had fun!
xoxo
MrsM

Life Moto said...

Pia, it was a great adventure you have there. I hope one day ay makapunta rin kami dyan.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin