God Reigns

Sunday, October 3, 2010
I woke up this morning feeling so grateful to God for all the blessings He's showering me with.  And then I thought about the people around the world who are in pain, suffering injustices, lack and a lot more other things.  I was happy-sad.  Makes me wonder, Lord, when will they ever get justice?

Looking back, not so long ago, I've also experienced pain.  I've also suffered a great deal of injustice in life and unbelievable lack.  It was crazy!  I thought then, "Lord, are you trying to kill me?  Why don't you just let me die in my sleep? That way I won't have to suffer all these crazy things.  It's so unfair!"  Of course, He didn't do that, He turned a deaf ear towards what I said because He knew that I needed to go through all of those things for my own good.  I still don't have the answers to all of my questions, but He did allow me to feel and take a glimpse, somehow, that He is indeed doing something behind the scenes.  Our God is a God of justice.  He is in control and He knows what He's doing.  In Deuteronomy 20:3-4 it says,
"Hear, O Israel, today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them. For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory."
He goes with us to fight for us against our enemies TO GIVE US VICTORY. He's above anything thrown our way.  God reigns!!!




You reign
Over all the earth we sing it
You reign
Justice and peace you bring it
You reign
Holy one, You Reign

Over star filled skies
Over all created life
What was always meant to be
Your glory reigning over me

You're above
Anything thrown my way
Victorious
I live to stand in You always.

You reign
Over all the earth we sing it
You reign
Justice and peace you bring it
You reign
Holy one, You Reign

Your kingdom come
Your will be done
Jesus reign over me



2 comments:

Denise said...

Amen sweet sis. I love you.

Prayer Warrior said...

Pia, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm glad you liked my message about prayer. After visiting your page, I would like to follow along with you on your journey, and welcome you to follow along with me. I wish you a blessed and peaceful day today!

Blessings,
Martha

Blog Widget by LinkWithin