Life's Lessons

Tuesday, May 19, 2009
I'm one exam away from getting my insurance agent license. Yipee! This was why I've been missing out a lot on blogging lately. Why I'm into insurance is a totally different story. I'll tell you why next time. Yesterday was our last day of seminar and we had our graduation. Yes, you read it right. Can you believe that? I had another graduation this year, my second! They presented us with our certificates of completion and had our pictures taken too. Nothing extravagant. We weren't even prepared for it, well, at least for the picture-taking part we weren't. But it felt good having completed another course and passing the exams. When it was almost over, I saw my situation in light with the ceremony. I said in almost a whisper, "God, when will I graduate from this too?"

Like the classes and seminars I took, God also gave me "seminars" and series of exams in life which I needed to pass to get on to the next level. You and I are all in a class learning about LIFE. And our Great Professor who patiently teaches, guides and instructs us, also gives us assignments and tests. He appoints different assignments for each of us. This is my assignment in life. The truth is, it's very hard. I believe I started getting a passing grade just last year when I decided to obey Him. I started practicing what He taught me even when it hurts. It took a long while before I finally gotten sick of failing in my LIFE exams. I realized I wouldn't fare well in my "report card" with a rotten attitude. Not a chance!

How are you doing with your assignment?


Hmm... I wonder when will the Great Professor let me graduate again... a third time? I know... no, I'm sure that that graduation will top all graduations I've ever had in my life. And you know what? I'm excited!!!


4 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you dear, this was a wonderful post. Congrats on your second graduation, love you.

Sharon said...

Love how you wrote this, and I felt as though I was just taught a lesson as well. Congratulations on another graduation, good for you!! I too am looking forward to another graduation one day. :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Best to you in your insurance adventure.

Coffee is on.

Renee said...

Congrats on your second graduation. I really like your analogy on life's graduation. Great insights and words of wisdom for us to think about.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin