Refocus

Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Yesterday, I felt really bad because I got mad with the agent and the supervisor I was talking to on the phone for the delivery of my credit card. I blew my top. I know...

I feel jaded. I hate it when I feel this way. I don't understand how I feel and that irks me. I used to feel this way a lot two years ago when I didn't really have peace like I have now. Now it's trying to get its ugly head up again. Argh! I wrote two of my dear friends an email when they shared to me what's going on with them. They are two of my prayer partners. As I write to them, I felt like I was being renewed. I was reminded of who my God is. I was reminded of how faithful He is. I guess somehow I've been feeling impatient for the long wait but then again, it's not about me. It's all about Him, His timing and His ways... They are perfect! I needed to refocus.

Thank God for the opportunity He gave me to encourage my friends because in return I was also encouraged myself.


5 comments:

Denise said...

Friends are such treasures.

LAURIE said...

Isn't it great that even when we have a bad day that we can go to our friends and they will lift our heads. Isn't that exactly what God does for us ... He is the One who is the lifter of our head! Hope you have a better day today Pia. :)

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I know exactly what you mean. That's why I love blogging. When I am writing my posts, God is usually speaking to me as well. He truly is an amazing God! I hope your day is going better today!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, that is the word- refocus. Because of the anxiety and stress of waiting for God's answers to your prayers, you might have entertained different thoughts other than those that glorify God. In times of anxiety, doubt and fear, it is advisable to focus on the word of God that we may be fully reassured of His faithfulness. We have to trust Him as a little child trust his parents to provide for all his needs. Having prayer partners to pray for each other is good but in the final analysis, it is your intimate relationship with God that really counts. Sometimes we become too comfortable with our church, our prayer partners and even our ministry that they become a veritable crutch when God wants us to focus solely on Him as we climb a higher level of spiritual development. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Pia said...

denise: oh you all are.

laurie: i thank God for godly friends. they all prayed for me last night. i prayed too. i had a peaceful sleep all through the night.

alicia: that happens to me a lot.

mel: when i feel this way before, i usually turn to friends immediately. but i know better now. it's one of the lessons i've learned the hard way.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin