The Waiting Game

Friday, September 2, 2005
I'm so swamped with work. I have my regular job and two sidelines. I try to keep myself occupied so I'll think less of getting gloomy. I still get to think of my DH every now and then, no matter how busy I am. Right now, I feel like dragging myself to finish everything that I have on my desk. I'm physically in the office, but my mind is somewhere adrift in Neverland. Thank God it's Friday!

I read this during my morning devotion before I started my work routine. It's from Joyce Meyer Ministries written by Dave Meyer. He said that at times our trust in God will be strained by situations where God does not answer our prayers as expected and where disappointments and heartache tear at our beliefs. We need to be taught the lesson of patience, to not try to rise up as though we had the power to solve our situations without God, and to wait in silence before Him. With what my DH and I are going through now, I believe that as we wait on Him, everything will turn out better in the end. I just know it will.


Thank you Cindy and Paula for your prayers.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sis,

I am praying for you. I thought of you several time today. I feel your pain and loneliness. Hold on to Jesus and he will see you through. You are not alone.

Love from your sister in Christ,

Anonymous said...

To me, that sounds like good advise from the Joyce Meyer book. In Experiencing God book by Blackaby, he gave the example of Abraham. When God told Abraham to go off to the new land, and then when Abraham got there (walked by faith)and there was a famine, Abraham was not to think that he made a mistake and run off to Eygpt (try to fix the situation himself, rather than walk by faith). It was a time of testing, and these times of testing follow after the obedient steps of faith that we take. Testing proves our faith, pruifies it. "Stand firm, always abounding in the work of the Lord because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." "Don't lose heart in doing good, for in due time you shall reap, if you don't give up." One perfect verse for me tonight was this: Heb 12:11 "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." That verse really encouraged me tonight because of some people I love (two of my children) God is training them, and it hurts, but I am encouraged by the reality of that harvest that they will bear in their lives, that harvest of righteousness! of peace! - better than Harry and David (a gift fruit box).

Anonymous said...

God knows when and what is best and He will give it in His time, not ours:-)

Praying for you!

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

God has promised that if we love Him and are called according to His purpose, all will work out well.

We just need to remain faithful to Him.

Anonymous said...

God is awesome and capable of taking care of us. He knows exactly what we need, when and how. I understand loneliness Pia and even my faith in God can not fill that empty space in the bed next to me. However, He can give us the strength to face what we must face and He promises that everything will work out for our good! Hugs, Becky

Anonymous said...

Pia, you have such a sweet spirit! I know how hard it is to trust that the pain we are going through is really for our good, I've been there. Think of the testimony you'll have when you finally come out on the other side! And you will come out ont he other side, stronger and closer to Him than you can imagine! I'm always praying for you, I'm so glad God allowed our paths to cross!

Anonymous said...

Hello little Sis ;) Just wanted to drop in and let you know I am thinking of you. I'll be here for you when you need me. Have a blessed week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin