Still

Tuesday, September 6, 2005
As I look on my computer with a blank stare, music playing in the background, I couldn't think of anything to write. But I feel like I have so many things inside that I want to let out... I couldn't find the words.

"Father, I don't understand what I'm feeling now. I'm so flustered. I know that I don't need to understand everything and I shouldn't even be trusting my emotions now. Father, I just lift up to you whatever it is that's weighing me down. I put my trust in you. I ask for your peace and your joy to be with me. I ask all these in Jesus' name."

Still

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
Within your mighty hands

(*) When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You, above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God

Find rest my soul, in Christ alone
Know His power, in quietness and trust

Repeat (*)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a lovely poem! How wonderful these words to find after such a stressful week dealing with storm aftermath. Yea, I will be still and know that He is God.

Anonymous said...

Even when you "have nothing to write" you do a beautiful job.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, and He will give you peace you can't find in this world we live in. Let Him cover you under his wings. He is your lover, maker, master, friend. This season in your life is growing you closer to the King. Bless you Sis and thinking of you today.

Love and Hugs,

Anonymous said...

I understand those moments exactly Pia when you feel so full of emotion but nothing comes to you to write. That's the time to just be silent before God and listen to what He has to say to you. As we each travel our difficult roads (you and I) there will be times when we are just walking and trusting and nothing more needs to be said. Just breath deeply and immerse yourself in God's love and just keep your head up and keep on walking! Love Becky

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs)))
I completely understand that feeling.... there's so much inside of you that you think you could burst, but you can get any words out to save your life.
I'm thinking of you and praying for you!
Love ya, girlfriend! ;)
Oh, BTW, I agree with what Joe said... ;)

Anonymous said...

hi :)
found your blog thru drea.
i love this song. i used to sing it over and over especially when my mom was battling her cancer. i still love this song. i still sing it.i cry when it is part of our praise and worship line up on sundays.
but it gives me peace.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin