Blessings & Curses

Tuesday, September 27, 2005
My hubby's aunts on vacation are staying with me for about a week or two. I never thought it would be this tiring - going around several destinations a day. Eating out like there's no tomorrow. Bought goodies as many as loading up a mini grocery store. Having a massage at the end of the day (that's the fun part). These were the things that's kept my hands tied for almost a week now. I've discovered so many things.

The best part of it was the bonding we all shared. They expressed their thoughts and feelings about the things that happened, is happening and is about to happen. They told me stuff that I never thought they would that made me grin from ear to ear (hmm...). They told me how much they care and how at ease they are with me. That's the sweetest. It's inspiriting to see how well we get along. Now the sad part is, again as what I've been told, there are some people who just couldn't be happy for us and would rather stay a loser. There are the loud ones who broaches their sentiments openly (they don't have the guts to say it to our faces though) and there are the silent types who secretly wishes us ill. Unbelievably pitiful!

Sorry for the disappointment of some, but my DH and I are thankful that we are blessed inspite of some trials that come our way and we are HAPPY.


"The LORD's curse is on the house of the wicked, but he blesses the home of the righteous. He mocks proud mockers but gives grace to the humble. The wise inherit honor, but fools he holds up to shame." Proverbs 3:33-35


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to remind myself (as this is something I can struggle with) that it doesn't matter what others think of me. What matters is what God thinks of me.

Anonymous said...

He gives grace to the humble. That's the umbrella I want to sit under. Family situations can be crazy making! Sounds like you have been gracious hosts.

Anonymous said...

I like the positive ones better, don't you?

Kinda feel sorry for the others, but don't particularly like being around them.

Nice post!

Anonymous said...

I like this article huh ... hmmm ... sounds familiar girl.. keep up the good work in doing such an interesting article in your blog.....c",)

Anonymous said...

I have visited my half sister in CA and she goes all out when I am there.She doesn't seem over whelmed,but I know I would.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin