Planting Seeds

Monday, September 12, 2005
I was told in the past and read in several Christian books including the Bible that if you "plant a seed" you can expect a harvest. I knew about this truth since ancient time, but I never took the challenge until last week. Yes, I give my tithes regularly but I never tried what they call "planting seeds". They said that if a farmer plants seeds, will he not expect a harvest after some time? Of course he will and so should we. We reap what we sow... Good or bad. I deliberately put it to a test.

I got a letter from Benny Hinn Ministries. It was about sowing seeds in faith. I decided to send a check in our currency to their local office. It was just a small amount, but that time it was all I can afford. I have mountains of bills to pay. I prayed and released my faith that God will bless my seed.


That was two weeks ago. I got a call from my DH. He said that his dear Aunt gave him money and told him to give it to me. I was surprised. Why would she do that, I asked. Well, she gave it out of the goodness of her heart. Then I realized that the amount I got was ten times the amount I sowed. Amazing!

God is truly awe-inspiring and He's faithful to His Word. We can definitely count on it.

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the LORD Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." Malachi 3:10


"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously." 2 Corinthians 9:6


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Pia and so true!

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Pia, it is astounding that I just posted about God loving a cheerful giver!

I know He multiplies in order for Him to provide. It is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I am a firm believer in God's principle of sowing and reaping. What a neat testimony to God's provision. Hope your week is going well, you are in my thoughts often.

Love and hugs,

Blog Widget by LinkWithin