I Will Give you Rest

Thursday, September 8, 2005
Got home quite late last night from a meeting I had with two of my friends. The traffic was bad. There were protests going on that's causing the jam. Sometimes I wish life is a lot simpler. I didn't get enough sleep, I guess that's why I'm feeling pooped this morning. I need to finish tons of paper works but I couldn't start off because we ran out of printer ink again. This should have all been mopped up yesterday afternoon before I left the office. Now, I'm still stuck with it and no spare ink is yet available. I texted my husband to get some bits of consolation but the messages I sent him were all delayed. I feel like everything's screwed up. I just want to go home!

Just when tears of frustration were about to fall, I managed to click on to the Walking By Faith website of Pastor Duane Vander Klok which was stored in my Favorites folder. Talk about timing, here's what it says:

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
"When you are physically exhausted, it's good to stop and take a break. Sometimes a short nap is all you need to feel refreshed again. In the same way, when you are feeling weary or burdened, it's good to stop and take the time to go to the Lord and rest in Him. In today's verse, Jesus wants to let you know that He loves you and wants to give you rest. Why not receive His rest right now."
 God is really awesome! He knows exactly what you need and when you need it. Thank you, God.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pia, can you email me and tell me a bit about your story. If that's okay to ask? Is your husband here in North America? Or are you?

Anonymous said...

Great post and a good reminder that we must find our rest in Him.

Anonymous said...

Yes! He is our rest. "Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls."!!!!! I keep hitting the same brick wall of my own efforts, but my Wonderful Counselor counsels me and He is training me up in the way I should go. May God bless your day. And just think, all that frustration lead to an encounter with Him with eternal consequences of a rich reward beyond your imagination, while you were looking not to the things that were seen, but to the things that were not seen....

Anonymous said...

Amen! Just thinking about you and wanted to drop in to say hi!
(((Hugs)))
Cindy :)

Anonymous said...

His rest is not just rest, it is REST.

Beautiful thoughts, as always.

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) Isn't our God amazing. Those words were meant for you at that specific moment. Know that I will be praying for you that God blesses you this week and things go better. I am praying for Hubby too.

Your Sis In Christ,

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by again!

Anonymous said...

looking forward to your next entry!

Anonymous said...

Pia, lots of times when I blog on I get this same message, but I know you've made later entries. I love this post though. I'm gonna try to find your lastest entry. My little phone gets fussy sometimes. I don't know why I just don't go find a computer!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin