Thumbs Up

Saturday, December 8, 2012
Had another check up yesterday with my holistic doctor. All went well. I'm done with my colon cleansing regimen and now I'm into liver cleansing. She said we'll do it step by step until we're done with the program.  She's quite pleased with how everything turned out for me.  I'm responding pretty well with the supplements she prescribed.  Of course, I'm also happy when my doctors have this smile on their faces which I know literally means "thumbs up."

It was such a busy week for me.  I had so many errands to finish and deadlines to meet. My close friends are telling me to slow down a bit.  I know... They're worried that I might have another flare if I don't take it easy. I will you guys, don't worry. Thanks for the concern.

Now that I'm slowly eliminating food in my already seemingly "healthy diet" which can cause inflammation and flare, I've noticed how pricey this can be. To buy "good" food is expensive.  This can cause a huge dent on my budget. So, in as much as I wanted to get the good ones, sometimes I have to settle with the not-so-good-but-not-so-bad-food-either because of budget constraints.

Yesterday, I bought a bottle of Kefir. I heard how good this is for me, so I bought one to try.  Its nutritional benefits are better than yogurt although I must admit it tastes like rotten milk.  I couldn't care less for as long as I'd be healthier, I'll take it.

Anyway, I've also realized that this is my first post for the month of December and it's almost Christmas.  How time flies... My favorite time of the year!





6 comments:

Joyful said...

It is such a shame that eating healthy can be so expensive. It is that way here too. I only tried kefir once and didn't like it. I am thinking of trying to make my own yogurt. Maybe I can get used to drinking kefir which I believe is so good for you. In Kenya they drink mursik (curdled milk) and it is much like kefir. Have a wonderful Christmas season.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Pia

I have tasted kefir and I know how bad it was but you need it to stay healthy and well.

Take care!

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Pia said...

Joyful: try reintroducing this to your taste buds again. Have a very merry christmas! =)

Mich: just because it has tons of benefits, i'll take it. The taste sucks.

Denise said...

Praise God for taking care of you. I love you.

Tetcha Figuerres said...

I haven't tried kefir yet, and I'm curious about its taste. I also agree with you that healthy food is expensive. I always try to buy healthy food for my small family, but I'm always surprised at how much I end up spending for our week's supply of food. Sigh!

Cathy said...

I'm glad you are doing better. To me, plain kefer tastes kind of like buttermilk.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin