Struggles and Good News

Friday, November 30, 2012
Just came from the hospital for check up with my nephrologist.

Nephro said I'm okay. My creatinine level, although still a little bit high, it's steadily going down. My doctor said he's not worried because I'm improving. Praise God!!! That's definitely music to my ears.

Had another doctor's appointment yesterday. My rheumy said I'm getting better.  She tapered my meds already, though gradually. That's better than taking my usual full dosage. She's pleased with the results of my blood tests. Actually, some were not good, but according to her, they're not really that bad and could've just been caused by the meds I'm currently taking. All I need to do is drink more water. Praise God!!!
I thank God for this good news. I believe in my heart that God's healing touch is working in my body everyday.

I did feel a little bit tired when I woke up this morning. I know that this is part of having lupus, but instead of dwelling on that, I choose to focus on the truth that God is in control. Same goes with my work and finances. Meds and vitamins are expensive. Working can be a challenge sometimes because there would be days that I'd feel overly fatigued that I'd rather stay home and sleep. All these could be valid reasons to cause me to panic already, but I keep reminding myself that God will supply ALL of my needs.

I also know that not too many people would understand the struggles I go through everyday with lupus.  From where I am, not everybody knows or have even heard what lupus is. When they ask me what it is, I don't even know how to explain it to them. How else would I be able to make them understand why sometimes my moods are so out of whack and why I feel exhausted sometimes even when I haven't been doing anything yet?

It's hard, but with God's grace I know I'll be able to surpass all these.
"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19
"'My grace is all you need. my power works best in weakness.'" So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." 2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT



7 comments:

Denise said...

I love you very much, praying for you always.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Pia

Glad to know that you are showing improvements. Keep praying and God will do the rest.

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Joyful said...

Wonderful to hear how God is working in and through you dear Pia. I think I told you before but my mother also has lupus when no one else we know has it. She always felt misunderstood. I tried my best always to help her so at least God has not forgotten her. Love and hugs to you. x

Rita T. said...

Hi Pia! I'm so glad to hear the encouraging news. The wife of one of our pastors has lupus and I know she has some really bad days, especially after chasing around her toddlers. But, as you said, God gives abundant grace. I'm praying for you!

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Pia someone left me an email about LUPUS and I thought of you. You might want to check this out http://www.facebook.com/PeopleforArthritisandLupus

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Pia said...

Thank y'all for the prayers. God bless you.

Denise: love you too, my sweet friend.

Joyful: yes, you did mention that before. What makes it harder is that lupies don't look sick at all at times. People do not know that we are fighting a chronic disease. That's sad.

Rita: I get my strength to move around and do my work by God's strength. he is faithful.

Mich: thanks for sharing the link. Blessings...

Kathleen said...

This is such wonderful news Pia! I love your new header photos :) I pray the storm is not effecting you greatly and that your family is safe. Keeping you in prayer! Merry Christmas :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin