Merry Christmas!!!

Monday, December 24, 2012
We had our Victory Group's Christmas Party last December 22 at Citrus Restaurant & Deli in Pasig City.

 With Lalah, Geline & Jennie

With my spiritual leaders - Pastor Nuel and his wife Iris


I'm so glad and grateful to God to have been part of this wonderful group. Pastor Nuel and Iris have been very supportive to all of us and especially to me when I got really sick.  My group has been praying and believing with me for my healing. 

In the middle of the program, I received a pleasant surprise when Pastor Nuel and Iris called my name and presented me with this recognition. 


Iris mentioned how I'm battling Lupus and instead of wallowing in self pity and asking God - Why me??? - I chose to believe God's promises of healing. She said I'm more on fire for God now than I was before.  

But you know what?  I know why God surprised me with this recognition.  It was very clear to me why God did this.  I say He did this because I know without a shadow of a doubt that He wanted me to do something that I've been struggling to do for months now.  I have a confession to make... I've
been wanting to take things into my own hands that will cause a huge and major change that will affect my life and my future. But instead He wanted me to be still and wait for Him to move on my behalf.  

You see, God has been sending me messages and even sent people my way to remind me of His faithfulness;  that He will indeed fulfill His promises to me.  But because of my stubbornness, I thought of doing things my way (Yes, I know how stupid that sounds). I've been planning the changes that I wanted to happen for 2013. I got my mind set on MY plans that I was ready to jump into it. I was ready for that major CHANGE.  Well, God had a different plan.  He did things to STOP me from ruining His PERFECT plan.  I still don't know how He's going to knit things together to make His perfect plan look perfect in my eyes because really the picture still looks abstruse to me.  You know what I mean. Sorry if I'm not sharing much details, but I will in due time.

Anyway, here are some more photos taken yesterday when my brother came home for the Christmas holiday.  We also went to visit Dad and checked Mom's new house.





From my family to yours...

May the joy and peace of Christmas be with you all through the year.
Wishing you a season of blessings from heaven above.



7 comments:

Rachel said...

You truly deserve that recognition, my dear. You ARE a woman of faith. Your faith is much stronger than what I have seen in most people I know, and I know that your faith can only grow stronger with time.

I wish you and your family peace, love and joy this Christmas. Merry Christmas, Pia!

Rita T. said...

Pia,
I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and God's blessings for the coming new year!

annies home said...

merry christmas

Denise said...

Merry Christmas sweet Pia, love you very much.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Hello Pia

You are looking beautiful as ever!

BTW, Lalah is my classmate in college ; ) small world

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Pia said...

rachel: thanks. merry christmas!

rita: merry christmas!

angie: merry christmas!

denise: merry christmas! love ya too, my dear friend.

mich: really??? i'll mention that to her when i see her again. cool!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi sis Pia,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Glad that God has sent you a new message of hope and love reiterating His previous message to you and preventing you to jump on a precipitate action on your own. Still hope and pray for your total healing and the realization of your heart's desire. Still hoping that you will come back to Facebook to interact with us- your friends there. Thanks for the post. God's blessings and healing be with you always this coming year. God bless you always my dear friend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin