We Are Called Victorious

Saturday, March 17, 2012
Went back to Salon de Matt earlier to have my hair treatment. The hair cut I had two months ago was just perfect now that it grew longer.  I just wish I could fix my hair everyday like I just stepped out of a salon.  Wishful thinking...


Anyway, I wanted to share with you a very encouraging message we had at church this afternoon.  It was about Gideon.  See how similar our responses are sometimes to Gideon's.
12 When the angel of the LORD appeared to Gideon, he said, “The LORD is with you, mighty warrior.”
13 “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but if the LORD is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our ancestors told us about when they said, ‘Did not the LORD bring us up out of Egypt?’ But now the LORD has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian.”
14 The LORD turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?”
15 “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.”
16 The LORD answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.”  Judges 6:12-13
The Lord called Gideon a mighty warrior in verse 13.  In verse 15 Gideon responded by asking how he can save Israel when his clan's the weakest and he's the least in his family.  But God knows the future.  Notice how God didn't mind Gideon's social standing.  In the end we knew that Gideon was able to defeat the Midianites.  

In the same way, we are called victorious.  You ask, "But God, how can I be called victorious when everything in my life is a huge mess?"   Or maybe you ask, "If the Lord is with me, why did all these terrible things happen to me?" "Why do bad things happen to good people?"

We have to understand that God sees the end from the beginning.  He already knew what our future holds.  He isn't surprised  with the things we are going through now.  He has a clear picture of what's going on. He knows and He has a plan! And there's only one thing we need to do - OBEY.

Do you sometimes feel  like God abandoned you and allowed you to be defeated by your circumstances?  I guess we all felt that way one way or the other.  The good news is, those were just feelings and not facts. For as long as God is with us, we can be assured of victory no matter how bad and ugly our current situation is.  

Wherever we are in life, it is where we're suppose to be. It's not a mistake that we are where we are.  Each of us is given a unique assignment and we have to respond by obeying.  Like in verse 14, God is turning to us and saying, "Am I not sending you?"  And in verse 16, God is telling us, "I will be with you..."
"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31




2 comments:

Denise said...

Amen my friend.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Wow, this is such a powerful post. It is both enlightening and inspiring. We can be always assured that as long as we are with the Lord we are assured of victory no matter what our present situation maybe. Thank you so much for this post. God bless you always.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin