I'm A Happy Girl

Sunday, March 4, 2012
I cooked!  Yey!

Well, I do a little for myself, but I don't usually invite friends over and cook.  This time I did.  I just prepared a very simple, no brainer local dish - Sinigang for my guests. Definitely one of my favorites! Thank God it turned out okay.  This inspired me to take out our old recipe notebook and start cooking again.  Nothing complicated, just simple dishes.  I was thinking of preparing Dad's Italian Spaghetti with meatballs next. I love Dad's recipe!

Anyway,  this week has been pretty busy for me.  But I still had some fun time with friends.  Well, these weren't really planned.  We were just at the right place, at the right time.

Last Thursday, after our prayer and worship night, my friends and I watched This Means War starring Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, Tom Hardy and Til Schweiger.  We all had a good laugh watching this movie.


The following day, Friday, I went to the grocery to get the ingredients I needed for today's lunch with friends then I went straight to our Bible Study night which I was assigned to lead this week.  We discussed Psalm 34.  What a beautiful, beautiful chapter it was.

Guess what happened next.

We party crashed!  Lol!

My friend's friend's sister (Uh, do you follow?) celebrated her 18th birthday and we were all invited to come to her place and eat.  Talk about perfect timing!  We were starving!  Haha!

L-R: Rose, Christine, Jenn, me & Ellaine

The party crashers

I just took a shot of an existing photo and cropped it that's why these photos are blurry.  Sorry for that.

Anyway,  my week went pretty well.  I'm a happy girl. Thank you, Lord!



6 comments:

Tonya said...

it is always so great to hang out and have a great time with friends and family! so happy you had a great time!

Mel Alarilla said...

Great to see you happy for a change. God wants us to be happy and at peace all the time. Life does not have to be so toilsome. Thanks for the happy post. God bless you always.

Denise said...

It makes my heart smile to know you are a happy girl, love you so much.

cafémobility said...

you're such a beautiful party crasher. how's the This Means War movie.

Pia said...

i'm happy that you guys are happy for me... =)

hey! the movie was good. i mean, no boring moments. i just kept laughing and laughing. i went out of the movie with a big smile on my face. i'd love to watch that again. maybe on dvd.

Amrita said...

I love the googgles

Blog Widget by LinkWithin