Run Pia!

Monday, March 19, 2012
I went running with my church friends early tonight.  My first time to run actually.  When I finally got into my stride, it helped me finished 5k.  Not bad for a first timer like me.  I never thought I'd be interested in a rigorous exercise like this, in fact I've never run on treadmills at the gym before.  By the way, thanks to Cecille, Jacq, Annie and Lalien for the very fun run tonight.

Running has been on my mind for three weeks now.  I was drawn more into it when I attended the 5th Annual Philippine Life Insurance Congress at the SMX Convention Center last March 5 where Coach Rio Dela Cruz, the man behind RUNRIO, was one of the speakers. 


 
Coach Rio

Some of the benefits of running are:
  • Improves cardiovascular health
  • Improves bone health
  • Improves mood
  • Better coordination
  • Lowers blood pressure
  • Slows down aging process
  • Weight loss
Well, got to get a new pair of running shoes.    



3 comments:

Denise said...

Go Pia Go!! Very proud of you.

Slamdunk said...

Yes, go Pia. Very inspiring to run--I hope you continue to have fun with it.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, running is a very healthy exercise. And it is also very inexpensive, for you just need a pair of running shoes and some running clothes. It is also good for the heart. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin