My Nephew, Andre

Saturday, March 10, 2012
Andre, my eight year old nephew, was here since Thursday for three days.  Their summer vacation started a bit early.  From their house we went straight to Robinson's Galleria for our prayer and worship night.  It's his first time to attend one.  I was quite surprised when I saw him raising his hand while worshiping.  I'm so proud of him.  To see him worshiping the Lord with us... simply priceless!

The next day, he woke up early in the morning, had breakfast then went straight to the pool to go swimming.  Oh, how he loved the water!  I remembered four years ago, my mom scolded him because he wouldn't go down the pool.   He was afraid of the water. I kept laughing while looking at these old photos.  Andre was so scared of my mom. Just look at him.  

Poor Andre... Haha!

Yesterday, he was even bargaining his way so I'd let him stay in the water longer.  He can't seem to get enough of it.





Towards the end of the day he met a new friend, Tomy, Jenn's son. She's one of my church mates.  Aren't they cute?


This evening, before I brought him home, Andre enjoyed Kid's Church at the back while I was at the main hall for the service. 

I'm so proud of my nephew.  I pray to God that he will grow up to be a man of God.  

By the way, I have a total of four nephews and one beautiful niece.  I love them all to pieces!





6 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your nephew, he is very precious.

Tonya said...

Yes, they are cute! Looks like they had lots of fun!

cafémobility said...

i love the kid's afraid-of-the-waters photos. hahaha. his being a man of God should start now in his developing years.

your mom had diabetes too? i have been suffering from it since college, but i didn't take it seriously and it has gotten worse now. so if i were you, you'd have to monitor your mom's regular medication, food intake, and other healthy regimens to keep her healthy and strong.

of course, payer is just as powerful as those measures.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Andre is a sweet boy who is very much enjoying the water! :)

Alida Sharp said...

How cute! So glad that he got to enjoy the water this time. And what a blessing to have him at church with you.

joy and blessings,
Alida

Pia said...

hey john, yes, mom has diabetes too. you know how parents could be like. have you heard of this..."sabi ng doctor di bawal tumikim. tikim lang naman eh." and before you know it the tikim becomes a full blown eating spree.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin