Thankful Thursday

Thursday, March 15, 2012
 

We all heard of the saying Health is Wealth.  I believe it is.  Do you?

I am grateful that I got a recommendation already by my health card provider to get an annual physical exam.  I'm planning to have it done next week.  

While I was in the grocery yesterday buying some fruits and veggies, I saw an Anlene booth which gave free bone health check. Well, it's free so I went ahead and had myself checked.

Bone Ultrasonometer

High risk for Osteoporosis = -2.5 and below
Medium risk for Osteoporosis = -2.4 to -1.0
Low risk for Osteoporosis = -0.9 and above

My result was -1.2. So that put me under the medium risk category.  Hey, I'm still thankful because now that I know, I'd be able to do something about it.  Besides, the consultant said I'm fine.  I just need to take more calcium and repeat the test after six months.  I can do that.  No biggie.  


Anyway, I got a gift from my boss from Etude House Korea.  It's a sweet smelling body mist.  I like the bottle a lot.  Isn't it cute?

I thank God for all His blessings to me this week, big and small.


What are you thankful for this week?


For more Thankful Thursday, visit Laurie over at Women Taking a Stand.




10 comments:

Cami said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today and the nice comment - you are such a doll. :)

Praying for your mom & dad...

Also - I love what you said. "I thank God for all blessings, big and small." AMEN. I wish more people did that <3

I love what your boss got you...that's so sweet

HUGS

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and linking up! I appreciate it! Prayers for your mom and dad.

Denise said...

Praying that your medical checkup will turn out well for you. That body mist bottle is very cute.

Tonya said...

That is a cute gift from your boss. And yes, it is a blessing to "know" what is going on rather than not.

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

Thanks for visiting my blog this morning. Just so you know, weight lifting is also GREAT for osteoporosis prevention! Lifting weights helps build bone mass.

Ms. Kathleen said...

So thankful you have some health care! That is wonderful. And I so agree, health is indeed wealth and a HUGE blessing!

Anna said...

Hi!

I'm visiting from Cami's blog with the Thankful Thursday link-up.

That bottle is so cute! :)

LAURIE said...

Hi Pia, so glad to see you this week over at TT! Your post reminded me that it is a good idea for all of us to be checked out, osteoporosis is on the climb for many women. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Pia said...

kate, thanks for sharing that. i will be lifting weights again. thank you.

jhunelle said...

The last time i have a check up like that was a decade ago, wish to have it again, the body mist must smell good.

Hope everything is well with your annual check up and with your parents too.

Blessings!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin